In this section you will find all the latest news, pictures, research data and results from the trial plots at the Cereals 2005 site.
Below is a list of the main areas under the spotlight in the dedicated trials, follow the links for more information and latest pictures:
- Plots designed to show some of the means of gaining “entry level points” such as buffer strips, pollen and nectar flower mixtures, skylark plots, conservation headlands, undersown spring cereals.
- What’s New Zones are clearly defined by strips of corn flower, corn marigold, and poppies
- New varieties subject to untreated and a managed system of inputs – Glasgow, Ambrosia, Atlanta, Brompton, Defender.
- Blackgrass and Italian Ryegrass control using the pre-ems Liberator, Prosulfucarb, Trifluralin and Chlortoluron, and post-em treatments of Atlantis, Hawk, IPU, NGGC011, and Tigress Ultra.
- Fungicide programmes – non-strob and with strobs.
- Seed treatments – BYDV demonstration using T435 and TMX, Fusarium control using UKA146, Redigo.
- Nutrition – Se bio fortrification, slow release N fertiliser, an organic waste fertiliser, Planet Software recommendations.
- The effect of getting drilling depth wrong on plant population, tillering and ear population
- The effect of getting drilling depth wrong when followed by pre-em herbicides.
- Versatility of the Vaderstad drill with seed size – from Beans to OSR
- Hybrid barley management – Colossus and Boost.
- Spring and Winter Barley management
- Blackgrass and Ryegrass control using pre-ems Liberator, Prosulfucarb and Trifluralin and post ems NGCC011 and Tigress Ultra.
- Barley seed treatments – BYDV demonstration using T435 and TMX, loose smut and leaf strip control using Aurigen Gold and Raxil+JAU
- Seed treatments – Chinook and TMX
- Crop type and canopy management – low biomass, conventional, hybrid and HEAR
- The following cultivators and tractors will be coupled up and on display near the entrance of “What‘s new in Arable Farming”
|Top Down||5m||Magnum 270|
|New cultivator not yet marketed||5m||MXM 190|
The following drills and tractors will be coupled up and on display near the wheat area of “What‘s new in Arable Farming”
|Rapid from plot drilling||3m||MXU 125|
|Turf Drill||2m||JXU 90 with turf tyres|
|Bio Drill (environmental area)||5m||MXM|