Farrington Oils is expanding its range of cold-pressed rapeseed oil for kitchen use, following the success of its diversification into cooking oil production.
Over recent years numerous shops, delis and butchers have started selling the company’s award winning cold-pressed rapeseed oil, as well as Waitrose and Sainsbury’s. Last year Irish supermarket Superquinn also started stocking the oil.
Crops are produced to LEAF marque standards by the Farrington family on 290ha (730-acre) Bottom Farm at Hargrave, Northamptonshire. The farm is a LEAF Demonstration Farm using minimum tillage to establish winter wheat, oilseed rape and spring beans.
They call him Mellow Yellow
As well as the “Mellow Yellow” cold-pressed rapeseed oil, Duncan has recently launched two salad dressings based on the original oil. Both have already won Great Taste Awards at the Speciality and Fine Foods Fair. They retail at £3.50 per 250ml.
Provenance of the ingredients is a key selling point. The vinegar used in the honey and mustard dressing, for example, is a cider vinegar from Scrubby Oak Fine Foods in Norfolk, while the honey is oilseed rape honey from Littleover Apiaries in Derbyshire.
Other marketing messages promoted by Farrington Oils for its Mellow Yellow cold-pressed rapeseed oil include:
- Lowest saturated fat – less than half that of olive oil.
- Omega 3 – ten times more than olive oil.
- Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant, occurring naturally within cold pressed rapeseed oil.
- Cold pressed – the oil is gently squeezed out, retaining all the natural goodness.
- Versatile – its subtle, nutty taste is perfect for salad dressings through to high temperature roasting and frying.
More information at the Farrington oils website.