Farmers Weekly Interactive

Penultimate Dogs in Drag Day

Only one day left of this dog rubbish after today’s atrocities.

I couldn’t decide which to use so I’m going to let you vote on which one should be today’s featured costume.  Steel yourself, it’s not going to be easy.  Leave your vote in the comment section…

Should it be Hound Dog A, Elvis (fat, rhinestone years).  I’m calling this the Lassie Vegas look.  I had chice of two but the other one was wearing mascara.

elvis dog.jpg

(I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to deleting this stuff from my computer tomorrow.)

Should it be B, a member of the Terriercotta Army

chinaterrier.jpg

OK, nearly there, have a deep breath.  Lean on a table if you need to.

Who’s this foxy lady in the hula skirt?  Oh look, it’s contestant number C. (That flowery bra is a particularly nice touch, I thought.)  Feel free to pitch in with a pun; I’ve given up – I’m losing the will to live here.

hula dog.jpg

Dog D who, to his credit, is the first one who looks as though he might be enjoying himself.  Maybe he’s just smoked a joint.

groovy labrador.jpg

Dog E.  (Or should that be Doggie?)  More Star Wars stuff.  If you vote for this one you are clearly a nerd and I will block you from leaving comments in the future

star warz.jpg

Dog F which was kindly sent in by B. Matthews from Norfolk

turkey dog.jpg

Dog G, sweet baby Jesus, it’s bad.

teddy dog.jpg

Dog H, which in absolute seriousness, I actually find really rather disturbing

casual dog.jpg

What did you just say?  That your life feels incomplete because you’ve never seen a low-quality picture of a dog dressed as a bee keeper.  Believe it or not, I may just be able to help you with the help of Dog I

beekeeper dog.jpg

And finally, if you are still here,is dog J

mexican king charles.jpg

You know what, I thought it was going to be hard to find pictures for each of the seven days but there’s a whole underground movement of this stuff.  Thank God tomorrow is the grand finale, I don’t think that I can stand anymore.

Is anyone still reading?  Do you need to be put on suicide watch?

Right, Voting. Who wins?  You decide.  Please vote for your favourite in the comment section.

I promise that tomorrow will be the last day and we can get back to potato data, the weather and toilet humour.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

19 Responses to Penultimate Dogs in Drag Day

1. Isabel Davies April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

The labrador is a clear winner. He looks cool.

Dog G is the cruellest you have found so far. the dog must be boiling inside all that fluff.

2. Adam Tinworth April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

I vote for turkey dog.

And Christmas.

3. Angela April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Definitely have to go for the lab, simply because it honestly scares the crap out of me more than any other dog on this page. What is wrong with people!!!

4. Ed S April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

You could create “Planet of the Dogs”, and play the Charlton Heston role.
    The lab, for all the wrong reasons.

5. Emma R April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Dog F. The force is strong with this one.

6. Caroline April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Dog G gets my vote. It looks as though it’s being regurgitated by a rabbit.

I still think the pug would look ridiculous whether it was wearing a grass skirt and bikini combo or not.

7. Rev Stan April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Ah dogs in fancy dress but not quite as good as guinea pigs in fancy dress as seen here: http://galleries.thelondonpaper.com/guinea-pig-festival-fancy-dress/1
    And to save them from the shame of dressing in miniature human clothes they later become part of a tasty buffet. Lovely.

8. Matthew Naylor April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Thanks Stan. What a great link; I can see a whole new strand to celebrate when we get to 5000 readers

9. Nicole April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

How can you chose one from this lot… they’re all bizarre!! What are the owners like?
    But I’ll go for D, at least he looks like he’s enjoying himself…

10. Tom April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

‘No wonder I could’nt convince everyone if this is what evolution leads to, although I did sail on a Beagle’! From Charles Darwin.

11. fila brasileiro April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

As a newbie to this subject I am still learning and you have made some intersting points on your blog.

12. miniature boxer dog April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

I just got a miniature puppy so I’m pretty excited as I read your post :)

13. fish oil omega3 April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

I found a web site is China that sells those fish oil capsules that take care of the fatty acids. I am not sure that they are healthy to eat but I am tempted by the price. Any suggestion how to have better control over the quality of my diet supplements?

14. Rodney April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Thank you for this great article, I really enjoy your blog layout.

15. Jordu Schell April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Stumbled on this when I typed in ‘Dog’ on Google Images. People like you are why the Internet is great. Thank you. Dog G, by the by, must get my vote for the fact that you said “Sweet Baby Jesus, this is bad”.

16. brie angel April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

awe i love yoda the indian and the bunny so cute!!!!! poor babys they have to walk around in those costumes! L:)

17. Matthew Naylor April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Then funny thing is, Brie, I think that this might actually be a genuine comment (albeit a rather cheesy one)

18. Sex April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

I have wanted to write about something like this on my site and you gave me an idea. Thank you.

19. Spark April 8, 2013 at 3:44 am #

lol, dog G looks adorable! he also looks the spitting image of my dog…