This Jubilee-themed piece of giant straw art has been created at David Brookfield’s Stoney Brigg Farm at Tickhill, Doncaster.
“For the past couple of years we have put up some sort of straw sculpture, but this year wanted something to celebrate the Jubilee,” says David. “It has been painted using spray paint by Andy Farmer, a local artist and teacher at our sons’ school.”
The Jubilee – in straw
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Rachel Jones and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- FARMER FOCUS: Bird project is really worthwhile December 8, 2013
- Trimble reveals its latest in-cab screen December 8, 2013
- OPINION: Opportunities limited in the uplands December 7, 2013
- Protect farm water supplies with pipe heaters December 7, 2013
- New high yielding winter barley offers choice December 7, 2013
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite