Residents in the Essex village of Cornish Hall End have collaborated on a 2013 calendar with a difference in aid of a good cause.
Kelly Bishop and Karen Rozée invited the village’s ladies and employees of its pub, The Horse & Groom, to appear in a cheeky calendar in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
“The response was amazing,” says Kelly. “Each lady was then issued with the ‘Country Crackers’ uniform consisting of black French knickers and a robe for dignity. From then came a rise in gym memberships, body scrubs, spray tans and lots of hesitant ladies asking themselves ‘What have I got myself into?’
“We enlisted the professional photographic services of James Linsell-Clark and Lisa de Araujo who patiently donated their time and spent two days with us in various locations in the village shooting pictures.
“On a more serious note, Breakthrough Breast cancer is dedicated to saving lives by finding the causes of breast cancer, improving detection, diagnosis, treatment and services.”
It costs £10 (all of which goes direct to the charity), with £3 P&P. The aim is to raise £10k. Get your copy by emailing Kelly.
Return to Field Day home page.
Cheeky 2013 country calendar
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Hot milk cake March 1, 2015
- Opinion: High-tech progress plays into big business' hands March 1, 2015
- Boulangere potatoes February 28, 2015
- Opinion: U-turn on butter has lessons for farm support February 28, 2015
- Roast pork with crackling in milk February 27, 2015
- RT @FarmersWeekly: Why every farmer deserves respect #teamdairy #teamsheep #clubhectare http://t.co/0dSGUXnh5c 05:11:28 PM October 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BritishFlowers Can I just check you guys took this pic please? We'll try to squeeze it into FW... 11:30:52 AM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BritishFlowers ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exaggerating? Swearing? Itching? 13 tell-tale signs that harvest is in full swing #harvest14 http://t.co/2ucAa4G1l7 http://t.co/3Y48wrR3sO 09:00:17 PM August 14, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FarmersWeekly: See what farmers thought about the first episode of #firsttimefarmers (link correct this time) http://t.co/ze1b6hMIY6 02:54:29 PM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @garethbarlow Any chance you could give me a quick call pls Gareth... 020 8652 4928. 10:57:39 AM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app in reply to GarethBarlow ReplyRetweetFavorite