Residents in the Essex village of Cornish Hall End have collaborated on a 2013 calendar with a difference in aid of a good cause.
Kelly Bishop and Karen Rozée invited the village’s ladies and employees of its pub, The Horse & Groom, to appear in a cheeky calendar in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
“The response was amazing,” says Kelly. “Each lady was then issued with the ‘Country Crackers’ uniform consisting of black French knickers and a robe for dignity. From then came a rise in gym memberships, body scrubs, spray tans and lots of hesitant ladies asking themselves ‘What have I got myself into?’
“We enlisted the professional photographic services of James Linsell-Clark and Lisa de Araujo who patiently donated their time and spent two days with us in various locations in the village shooting pictures.
“On a more serious note, Breakthrough Breast cancer is dedicated to saving lives by finding the causes of breast cancer, improving detection, diagnosis, treatment and services.”
It costs £10 (all of which goes direct to the charity), with £3 P&P. The aim is to raise £10k. Get your copy by emailing Kelly.
Return to Field Day home page.
Cheeky 2013 country calendar
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Meet the Farmers Weekly YFC AGM team May 5, 2016
- Opinion: My big BPS conundrum - euros or sterling May 5, 2016
- Recipe: New potato, asparagus and thyme tarte Tatin May 4, 2016
- YFC AGM 2016: Freebies and fundraisers May 3, 2016
- Opinion: Farmyard well discovery opens up possibilities May 3, 2016
- Delighted to see a mention of my book on The Guild of Agricultural Journalists' website. https://t.co/XVuYC8oUWs https://t.co/m8YhrqjQS2 10:58:06 AM October 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @CountryfileMag Just thought you guys might like to see this:) From today's Farmers Weekly. #whatsheleft https://t.co/z9Jdm0AtE8 11:12:48 AM October 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to CountryfileMag ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Well I hope everyone reads p70 of today's @farmersweekly - the bottom half as well as the top half, obvs:) https://t.co/ARwlKX8uMa 10:59:58 AM October 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @_KateChapman: @timrelfFW Could you please give this #lincolnshire fundraiser a RT please & help us spread the word? http://t.co/d6MP74Q… 03:11:31 PM October 09, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @luketomhanrahan Hey Luke, how's it going? Long time no tweet! Just wondering if you'd mind if I emailed you about a story idea please? 12:30:36 PM October 06, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to luketomhanrahan ReplyRetweetFavorite