Who says flowers are ideal for romantic messages? Slurry’s much better.
Shetland farmer Jamie Halcrow decided to mark his upcoming sister’s wedding by writing her and her fiancee’s names in giant letters in slurry.
Jamie left the tribute, with its 150ft high letters, across two fields on the family farm in near Lerwick recently.
His 22-year-old sister Fiona, who is about to marry Iain Currie, told the press: “I was pretty embarrassed at first but it was really funny, too. When I realised what he had written it in, I thought that was pretty disgusting, but my friends thought it was hilarious and so did my mum and dad.”
Picture: Caters News Agency
PHOTO: A wedding message – in slurry!
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Rachel Jones and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Bake a cake to celebrate 140 years of Poultry World March 7, 2014
- Two SDHIs get the green light for barley use March 7, 2014
- Morrisons slashes two-litre milk price to 84p March 7, 2014
- 'Worst-ever' UK gangmaster drops licence appeal March 7, 2014
- Minister urges youth to join farm apprenticeships March 7, 2014
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite