Andrew Starbuck and his new bride, Kerry, left the church in an unusual way after they got married recently in Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire.
Andrew works for machinery manufacturer Grimme UK. “They might not make a tractor, but they do make a machine with an engine, steering wheel and seat,” he says. “This is what Grimme came up with for the big day!”
The self-propelled potato harvester (minus the modifications and with a topper on the front again) will be harvesting spuds this autumn.
The big day (and a potato harvester)
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Convictions and HSE fines for poultry firms July 25, 2014
- Stick to guidelines to protect slug armoury, growers urged July 25, 2014
- Harvest round-up: Leaf spot to blame for poor OSR yields July 25, 2014
- Fire sweeps through standing barley crop July 25, 2014
- Changes to large-scale renewable energy support condemned July 25, 2014
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite