I told you Farmers Weekly gets everywhere!
Thanks to Mike Potter for sending us this picture of him grabbing a few moments of essential reading at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics.
“It was an amazing evening,” says Mike. “The transition from rural Britain to the industrial revolution was particularly stunning. I was surrounded by people of many nationalities and they were all astonished. A great night for our country. I also had tickets for the last night of Athletics, but sadly, harvest will have to come first!”
See more pictures of FW in bizarre places.
Opening the FW at the Olympics opening
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Opinion: Some aspects of global warming are bloomin' marvellous April 18, 2015
- Wanted: YFC member to write for Farmers Weekly April 17, 2015
- Farmer aims to smash nine-hour world sheep shearing record April 17, 2015
- Meet the woman still farming at 86 April 15, 2015
- Video: Watch the best bits from Farmers Apprentice April 15, 2015
- RT @FarmersWeekly: Why every farmer deserves respect #teamdairy #teamsheep #clubhectare http://t.co/0dSGUXnh5c 05:11:28 PM October 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BritishFlowers Can I just check you guys took this pic please? We'll try to squeeze it into FW... 11:30:52 AM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BritishFlowers ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exaggerating? Swearing? Itching? 13 tell-tale signs that harvest is in full swing #harvest14 http://t.co/2ucAa4G1l7 http://t.co/3Y48wrR3sO 09:00:17 PM August 14, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FarmersWeekly: See what farmers thought about the first episode of #firsttimefarmers (link correct this time) http://t.co/ze1b6hMIY6 02:54:29 PM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @garethbarlow Any chance you could give me a quick call pls Gareth... 020 8652 4928. 10:57:39 AM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app in reply to GarethBarlow ReplyRetweetFavorite