Thanks to cake maker extraordinare Constance Grindrod for sending us the picture.
“The cake was made for a local farm worker who works with pigs, sheep and soil, but his passion is for combine harvesters,” she told us.
Connie is an 18-year-old Young Farmer from Northallerton, North Yorkshire. She set up a business called Yummy Connie’s Cakes to indulge her love of hand-sculpting unusual cakes.
“I find that I am asked to make many countryside related cakes and I enjoy the challenge immensely.”
PICTURE: Combine cake is a cut above
About Rachel Jones
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Boulangere potatoes February 28, 2015
- Opinion: U-turn on butter has lessons for farm support February 28, 2015
- Roast pork with crackling in milk February 27, 2015
- Audio project captures Lincolnshire's rural voices February 25, 2015
- Opinion: Boring is better than beaten February 22, 2015
- RT @FarmersWeekly: Why every farmer deserves respect #teamdairy #teamsheep #clubhectare http://t.co/0dSGUXnh5c 05:11:28 PM October 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BritishFlowers Can I just check you guys took this pic please? We'll try to squeeze it into FW... 11:30:52 AM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BritishFlowers ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exaggerating? Swearing? Itching? 13 tell-tale signs that harvest is in full swing #harvest14 http://t.co/2ucAa4G1l7 http://t.co/3Y48wrR3sO 09:00:17 PM August 14, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FarmersWeekly: See what farmers thought about the first episode of #firsttimefarmers (link correct this time) http://t.co/ze1b6hMIY6 02:54:29 PM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @garethbarlow Any chance you could give me a quick call pls Gareth... 020 8652 4928. 10:57:39 AM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app in reply to GarethBarlow ReplyRetweetFavorite