Thanks to cake maker extraordinare Constance Grindrod for sending us the picture.
“The cake was made for a local farm worker who works with pigs, sheep and soil, but his passion is for combine harvesters,” she told us.
Connie is an 18-year-old Young Farmer from Northallerton, North Yorkshire. She set up a business called Yummy Connie’s Cakes to indulge her love of hand-sculpting unusual cakes.
“I find that I am asked to make many countryside related cakes and I enjoy the challenge immensely.”
PICTURE: Combine cake is a cut above
About Rachel Jones
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Rachel Jones and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Dredging ‘crucial’ to Somerset Levels survival March 11, 2014
- Dock weed risk as weather warms up March 11, 2014
- Ramsgate live exports resume without incident March 10, 2014
- Paterson backs EU proposal to fast-track GM crops March 10, 2014
- George Eustice attends beak trimming demonstration March 10, 2014
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite