With Halloween fast approaching, it’ll soon be pumpkin time of year again.
Some farmers, however, are predicting a shortage, with the bad summer weather meaning many are still green.
Here’s a piece on FWi from earlier in the year about one grower David Bowman (pictured) and here are three great pumpkin recipes.
Picture: Geoffrey Robinson/Rex Features
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Opinion: Farmers quick to call the vet, but not the doctor September 2, 2015
- Opinion: BBC dropping the Met Office is bad news for farmers September 1, 2015
- Farmer diversification turns flood-prone field into marina August 31, 2015
- Opinion: The pigeons had the last laugh August 29, 2015
- Farm Chef recipe: Caramelised plum tart August 28, 2015
- RT @FarmersWeekly: Why every farmer deserves respect #teamdairy #teamsheep #clubhectare http://t.co/0dSGUXnh5c 05:11:28 PM October 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BritishFlowers Can I just check you guys took this pic please? We'll try to squeeze it into FW... 11:30:52 AM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BritishFlowers ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exaggerating? Swearing? Itching? 13 tell-tale signs that harvest is in full swing #harvest14 http://t.co/2ucAa4G1l7 http://t.co/3Y48wrR3sO 09:00:17 PM August 14, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FarmersWeekly: See what farmers thought about the first episode of #firsttimefarmers (link correct this time) http://t.co/ze1b6hMIY6 02:54:29 PM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @garethbarlow Any chance you could give me a quick call pls Gareth... 020 8652 4928. 10:57:39 AM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app in reply to GarethBarlow ReplyRetweetFavorite