With Halloween fast approaching, it’ll soon be pumpkin time of year again.
Some farmers, however, are predicting a shortage, with the bad summer weather meaning many are still green.
Here’s a piece on FWi from earlier in the year about one grower David Bowman (pictured) and here are three great pumpkin recipes.
Picture: Geoffrey Robinson/Rex Features
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- World record set by Lincs oilseed rape grower August 1, 2014
- Greylag geese cull to restart as numbers soar August 1, 2014
- Wheat subdued as heavy crop weighs on market August 1, 2014
- Scottish CAP plans come under fire August 1, 2014
- Potato growers should rethink speculative planting August 1, 2014
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite