The ‘Lamb series’ is a project of contemporary photographs by Bart Pajak, inspired by 17th century Dutch painters such as Rembrandt and Vermeer.
The pictures use the same warm sculptural light as these artists which “has created strong, rich images which give the lambs the same sense of nobility and poise found in works of classical painting.
“The resultant work has,” says The Horsebox Gallery, “become both an homage and parody created by the combination of a style so firmly rooted in the western canon and an unexpected and normally overlooked subject.”
Each photograph in the Lamb Series is available framed for £480.
Bart, who was born in Poland in 1986 and graduated from Middlesex Univeristy in 2012,
has also worked with turkeys and plans to photograph cows as well…
Return to Field Day home page.
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Opinion: BBC dropping the Met Office is bad news for farmers September 1, 2015
- Farmer diversification turns flood-prone field into marina August 31, 2015
- Opinion: The pigeons had the last laugh August 29, 2015
- Farm Chef recipe: Caramelised plum tart August 28, 2015
- Opinion: Farmer blockades? Why you can count me out August 28, 2015
- RT @FarmersWeekly: Why every farmer deserves respect #teamdairy #teamsheep #clubhectare http://t.co/0dSGUXnh5c 05:11:28 PM October 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BritishFlowers Can I just check you guys took this pic please? We'll try to squeeze it into FW... 11:30:52 AM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BritishFlowers ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exaggerating? Swearing? Itching? 13 tell-tale signs that harvest is in full swing #harvest14 http://t.co/2ucAa4G1l7 http://t.co/3Y48wrR3sO 09:00:17 PM August 14, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FarmersWeekly: See what farmers thought about the first episode of #firsttimefarmers (link correct this time) http://t.co/ze1b6hMIY6 02:54:29 PM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @garethbarlow Any chance you could give me a quick call pls Gareth... 020 8652 4928. 10:57:39 AM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app in reply to GarethBarlow ReplyRetweetFavorite