The ‘Lamb series’ is a project of contemporary photographs by Bart Pajak, inspired by 17th century Dutch painters such as Rembrandt and Vermeer.
The pictures use the same warm sculptural light as these artists which “has created strong, rich images which give the lambs the same sense of nobility and poise found in works of classical painting.
“The resultant work has,” says The Horsebox Gallery, “become both an homage and parody created by the combination of a style so firmly rooted in the western canon and an unexpected and normally overlooked subject.”
Each photograph in the Lamb Series is available framed for £480.
Bart, who was born in Poland in 1986 and graduated from Middlesex Univeristy in 2012,
has also worked with turkeys and plans to photograph cows as well…
Return to Field Day home page.
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Opinion: Which bird are you and your farm team? April 29, 2016
- Opinion: I'm addicted to sheep April 28, 2016
- Opinion: Is farming 'strategic' enough for government support? April 26, 2016
- Deadline for £2,500 farm travel scholarship nears April 26, 2016
- Photos: 'Spring' by FW's photo comp winner April 25, 2016
- Delighted to see a mention of my book on The Guild of Agricultural Journalists' website. https://t.co/XVuYC8oUWs https://t.co/m8YhrqjQS2 10:58:06 AM October 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @CountryfileMag Just thought you guys might like to see this:) From today's Farmers Weekly. #whatsheleft https://t.co/z9Jdm0AtE8 11:12:48 AM October 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to CountryfileMag ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Well I hope everyone reads p70 of today's @farmersweekly - the bottom half as well as the top half, obvs:) https://t.co/ARwlKX8uMa 10:59:58 AM October 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @_KateChapman: @timrelfFW Could you please give this #lincolnshire fundraiser a RT please & help us spread the word? http://t.co/d6MP74Q… 03:11:31 PM October 09, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @luketomhanrahan Hey Luke, how's it going? Long time no tweet! Just wondering if you'd mind if I emailed you about a story idea please? 12:30:36 PM October 06, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to luketomhanrahan ReplyRetweetFavorite