The ‘Lamb series’ is a project of contemporary photographs by Bart Pajak, inspired by 17th century Dutch painters such as Rembrandt and Vermeer.
The pictures use the same warm sculptural light as these artists which “has created strong, rich images which give the lambs the same sense of nobility and poise found in works of classical painting.
“The resultant work has,” says The Horsebox Gallery, “become both an homage and parody created by the combination of a style so firmly rooted in the western canon and an unexpected and normally overlooked subject.”
Each photograph in the Lamb Series is available framed for £480.
Bart, who was born in Poland in 1986 and graduated from Middlesex Univeristy in 2012,
has also worked with turkeys and plans to photograph cows as well…
Return to Field Day home page.
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Rachel Jones and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite