I was amazed to see these great buildings while searching for houses on the net.
New Zealand is famous for its sheep and Tirau is a farm town – which is probably why they decided to construct this sheep building. A few years later, the dog was built to complement it.
The dog is now an information centre, whereas the sheep is home to a wool and craft store.
More information here.
Words: Viviane Bablin. Picture: Phillip Capper
Animal housing, NZ-style
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Better pig performance driven by indoor herds September 17, 2014
- Retail competition drives down shelf milk prices September 17, 2014
- 'Shoo, don't shoot' farmland bird proposals rejected September 17, 2014
- Grow smaller crop for less money, sugar beet farmers told September 17, 2014
- Shelbourne gives header trailers 4-wheel-steer September 17, 2014
- Rare 'golden' mole caught http://t.co/KzqLENloBE 12:13:43 PM November 28, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @overthefarmgate: @jonesFW @timrelfFW you seen this?! RT @jhdarcy I'm a celebrity get me out of here!? http://t.co/MYm3dIxEa7 #farmpics 03:48:02 PM November 27, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @MillyMollyManda Well done on your win Amanda:) #VMGMindAwards 05:00:58 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to MillyMollyManda ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jo_elvin Commiserations re last night. Very moving evening and, as you say, just good to be there and to be covering this stuff. 05:00:17 PM November 19, 2013 from web in reply to jo_elvin ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nominations have started rolling in for our Britain's Sexiest Farmer competition. Here's the gallery so far http://t.co/IttHoWn2Y3 05:58:20 PM November 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite