I was amazed to see these great buildings while searching for houses on the net.
New Zealand is famous for its sheep and Tirau is a farm town – which is probably why they decided to construct this sheep building. A few years later, the dog was built to complement it.
The dog is now an information centre, whereas the sheep is home to a wool and craft store.
More information here.
Words: Viviane Bablin. Picture: Phillip Capper
Animal housing, NZ-style
About Tim Relf
About the Field Day blog
Field Day is written by our Rural Living editor Tim Relf and deputy editor, Hayley Parrott and brings you the lighter side of rural life.
Packed with great stories, incredible photos and must-watch videos, Field Day provides your daily fix of all that’s weird and wonderful about the great British countryside.
- Photos: Daring sea rescue saves stranded cliff-plunge heifer July 31, 2015
- Opinion: Hosting farmers is like opening a box of chocolates July 31, 2015
- Tractor selfies raise cash for suicide prevention charity July 30, 2015
- Opinion: Bales, breakdowns and beauty treatments July 30, 2015
- Photos: Wombats, royalty and nappers sum up the summer show... July 29, 2015
- RT @FarmersWeekly: Why every farmer deserves respect #teamdairy #teamsheep #clubhectare http://t.co/0dSGUXnh5c 05:11:28 PM October 10, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BritishFlowers Can I just check you guys took this pic please? We'll try to squeeze it into FW... 11:30:52 AM September 11, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to BritishFlowers ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exaggerating? Swearing? Itching? 13 tell-tale signs that harvest is in full swing #harvest14 http://t.co/2ucAa4G1l7 http://t.co/3Y48wrR3sO 09:00:17 PM August 14, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FarmersWeekly: See what farmers thought about the first episode of #firsttimefarmers (link correct this time) http://t.co/ze1b6hMIY6 02:54:29 PM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @garethbarlow Any chance you could give me a quick call pls Gareth... 020 8652 4928. 10:57:39 AM August 08, 2014 from Spredfast app in reply to GarethBarlow ReplyRetweetFavorite