Farm colleges deliver advice and training to help the industry. Here we keep you up to date with the latest initiatives, all from the perspective of colleges with their own commercial farms.
College Farm Focus – Key Facts
- Lifelong learning means messages for practical farmers, farm workers and students alike.
- With over 10,000ha of farmland under their management, farm colleges can give training and advice with a very practical flavour.
- Regional centres mean messages have a national and local perspective.
- Articles aim to encourage innovation, demonstrate new and best practice and promote business and technical advances.
- Supported by Farmers Weekly, RASE and Landex.
Click on the colleges to view information on the different colleges.
- College Farm Focus: Partnerships have benefits for Askham Bryan(21 March)
- College Farm Focus: Investment for a farming future(14 March)
- College Farm Focus: Choice of farming beside the downs(7 March)
- College Farm Focus: College Deer Park proves a useful diversification (21 February)
- College Farm Focus: Askham college sets its sights on young entrants(14 February)
- College Farm Focus: Lessons for all on global warming at Duchy College (7 February 2007)
- College Farm Focus: Straw dust proves to be key to milk cost cuttings (30 January 2007)