Got a question about family law? Particularly, in a farming situation?
There’ll be a legal expert dropping by the FWi forums to answer your questions, for a week from 17 June.
Jane Keir is head of the family law department at solicitors Kingsley Napley and is an expert on agricultural-related conundrums that require legal assistance.
She’ll be so offering advice and solutions on areas including:
* The protection of assets and farming businesses, which may have been built up by the family over generations, through the use of pre-marriage agreements
* Separation of land, premises, animals and other farm assets – rights and expectations when families break down
* The structure and modification of various trust arrangements to help protect and preserve family wealth
* Separation or divorce guidance – and of reconciliation
* Dealing with the division of assets on divorce (including pensions) and the level of child and spousal maintenance
* The preservation of wealth by means of inheritance and other tax planning
* The use of the mediation and collaborative law processes as an alternative means of reaching agreement
* Parent/grandparent access rights
Just leave your questions and comments for Jane here – and she’ll be dropping by the forums regularly to respond.
If you haven’t already registered with FWi, you’ll need to do so first – but it only takes 90 seconds to do.