Confused about the new ELS options and not sure what they mean for you and your application? Experts from Natural England are on hand to answer questions about the new rules on our ELS website forum.
All you have to do is post your questions anytime between now and 24 August, and Natural England will endeavour to answer within 48 hours.
Farmers, land managers, agents are all invited to ask for general advice and guidance on:
- Planning an application for a 2012 start date (prior to the introduction of the changes).
- Planning an application for a 2013 start date.
- Amending an agreement to incorporate the new options.
How to ask a question
- Go to our ELS forum
- Hit the “Reply” button to post up your question
- Wait for Natural England to post an answer (within approximately 48 hours)
NOTE: You need to be registered on our forums in order to ask a question, but this only takes a minute. Just click “join” at the top of the page.
About the new rules
Subject to EU Commission approval, five new ELS options will be available for new or renewed agreements which start on or after January 1, 2013. Four of the options will also be available for existing agreements which are amended from this date. From 1 January, there will also be some changes to option prescriptions and points values. These changes will apply to new ELS agreements, Organic ELS agreements and Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) agreements underpinned with ELS from that date.
Read more on the ELS changes.Rachel Jones on G+