Farmers and crofters from across Scotland gathered in St Andrews, Fife for NFU Scotland’s AGM and conference on 11 and 12 February.
CAP reform, independence and the on-going horsemeat saga were key issues that took centre stage at what is the union’s centenary AGM.
Speakers included first minister Alex Salmond and secretary of state for Scotland Michael Moore.
Below are key highlights from the event:
- Lochhead launches £2m fund for new entrants
- Scottish government donates £50,000 to farming charity
- VIDEO: Alex Salmond answers your farming questions
- Michael Moore urges farmers to stay within UK
- What’s the biggest issue facing Scotland’s farmers?
- ‘Farm assurance vital after horsemeat scandal’
- Funds for Scotch beef and lamb promotion
- Scots call for changes in inspection rules
- Miller re-eleted NFU Scotland president