Drop-in centres will be open for receipt of completed SPS application forms and supporting documents from 3 March to 9 June 2008, 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. They will be closed Bank Holidays and weekends, except for 10/11 May and 7/8 June.
Agents delivering large numbers of forms on behalf of many customers may book an appointment in advance, to avoid causing long queues.
Blank forms will be available at Drop-in Centres from 14 April.
Drop-in Centres are in old MAFF regional offices and RPA regional offices at:
Key dates for 2008
- 1 March-31 July Hedgerows must not be cut during this period
- 15 May Closing date for applications without penalty and date at which you must have SPS land at your disposal
- 31 May Final date for amendments to previously submitted claim forms
- 9 June Final date for late applications to be considered
- 30 June 2007 payment window closes
- 16 October Payments may only be made by BACS transfer from now on
- 1 December 2008 payment window opens
Customer Service Centre 0845 603 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Do’s and Don’ts
- Sign your form at Part I
- Use black biro, not blue
- Use original RPA forms only
- Complete the field data sheets in hectares, to two decimal places
- Attach sticky bar codes to any covering letters or attachments
- Pay the right postage and get a receipt
- Use valid 2008 crop codes (see Annex B of guidance notes)
- Tell the RPA if you have an interest in any other UK farming business
- Use pencil, felt pen or correction fluid
- Use photocopies or computer-generated forms
- Remove staples or unused pages from the form
- Cross through incorrect data on the field data sheet. (Use the delete line box.)
- Fold the form and put it in a smaller envelope
- Forget to sign the form – still the most common error.
The 2008 SFP will be based on 55% of the entitlement holder’s historic subsidy receipts and a 45% flat rate element. The euro/sterling exchange rate will be taken at the end of September. There will be compulsory EU modulation of 5%, plus 13% additional national modulation. Energy crops will get a €45/ha premium, and protein crops a €55.57/ha payment.