Have you got a farm business idea that is desperate for a home? Farmers Weekly has teamed up with David Fursdon and Smiths Gore to find one entrepreneurial individual to establish their own business on a 25ha holding (Rixham Farm) on the Fursdon estate in mid-Devon.
With a house and agricultural building to accompany the 25ha of permanent pasture, this is a fantastic foundation from which to start a farm business. It’s not all about the land though, as a manor house and tea rooms on the estate means there is regular footfall to consider and working with the local community is encouraged.
- 9 August: Deadline for submitting expression of interest
- 12 August: Shortlist of applicants drawn up; applicants invited and given date for open day
- Mid-August: Open day at Rixham Farm for shortlisted candidates
- 30 August: Deadline for submission of business plan by shortlisted candidates
- 9 September: Interview
- 12 September: Appointment of successful candidate
- 29 September: Agreement commences
All business ideas and structures are welcome (it doesn’t have to be a straightforward tenancy arrangement) and anyone can apply, you just need to prove that you can make the most of this opportunity.
To find out more about Rixham Farm and David Fursdon, the man behind it, watch the video online at www.fwi.co.uk/fursdoncomp
How to apply
To apply you need to submit a 500-word expression of interest explaining your background, why you are interested in this opportunity and what you would hope to do with it. You can also include a 60-second YouTube video clip explaining why you would be the perfect match for the opportunity. Visit www.fwi.co.uk/fursdoncomp and email your video directly to firstname.lastname@example.org