It's been one of those days!
It seems nothing could go right today; after brilliant day combining yesterday where I managed 225 tonne in 9hours . Firstly the pickup hitch on the 6600 was playing about and after half an hour struggling with rusty threads, it was finally adjusted and working; the combine on the other hand was not. One of the hydraulic pipes to the header had sprung a leak, and after taking the connectors apart to inspect the problem and cleaning them it became more of a constant stream than a drip! So a simple fix? not quite! a struggle to find the correct sized o-rings or new connectors ment that combining was delayed another hour and a half.
The day then seemed to go alright, we moved the combine to a small field with the remaining Solstice wheat in and managed to get it all cut without being stopped by what looked like a definate shower coming our way. We then moved a few miles to some Einstein second wheats where things seemed to start going wrong. After two rounds of the first headland the drum speed dropped from 890 to 420. On attempting to increase the speed back up and nothing happening it became apparent that all was not ok and on opening the side panel the splattering of oil around various pulleys and guards identified the problem - a burst seal on the drum speed variator pulley.. Combining stopped for today then, as dealer's mechanics were busy elsewhere so can't get to us till tomorrow morning. That not seeming to be enough I returned to the yard to find out that the baler had broken down - the fan that keeps the knotters dust free failing and needing to be replaced - another job not possible to do until tomorrow morning.
Then, to finally top the day off I had an incident with the 7920. I decided that with ground conditions fairly dry and a couple of hours of daylight left I'd pull the two leg subsoiler through where the muck heaps had been to help dry them out, however after hitching it up I managed to get 50yards across the yard before the bottom of the linkarm where it is attached to the tractor decided to pull itself off the ball and drop the subsoiler onto the floor (a problem which had happened to the otherside linkarm a few months ago so I'm told) All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't with the DTX on, and while I was on the road! With that I decided to go home and see how dad was getting on combining.. and suprise suprise.. He'd had a puncture and had also stopped!
So its been a fun day!