Cookies & Privacy
in

Advice / Instruction

Last post Sat, Oct 1 2005 22:25 by anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 1 2005 22:25

Advice / Instruction

Does anybody know of any sources of  general information on arable farming that would be suitable for a non-farmer to "learn the basics" of the day to day running of an arable farm (ie. when to plant / modern cultivation methods etc). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Jim

• Sun, Oct 2 2005 9:44 In reply to

• danube
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 9 2005

Re: Advice / Instruction

Jim

Do you wish to learn the basics out of general interest or because you are now involved in farming.

In the latter case given the present state of farming and the number looking for work, who can run an arable farm. I would suggest you prepare your self for some stick

Kind regards

Danube

• Sun, Oct 2 2005 11:31 In reply to

Danube

Thanks for replying. Having read a lot both on the FWI site and other places, I do realise the state of the industry at the moment, and although I would love to work in farming I realise that it is highly unlikely. I would however like to learn about it out of general interest.

Kind regards

Jim

• Sun, Oct 2 2005 13:24 In reply to

• danube
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 9 2005

Try your local agricultural college. They have a lot of stuff in the libraries.

Better still go and find a famer in your area, see if you can work something out with him/her.

Good luck

Danube

• Mon, Oct 3 2005 19:46 In reply to

Many thanks

Jim

• Mon, Oct 3 2005 20:35 In reply to

Jim

I think Myerscough College may be nearest to you and sufficient for your immediate needs.

Bunny

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© RBI 2001-2010