Cookies & Privacy
in

Bovine TB question

Last post Wed, Apr 11 2012 15:17 by JustMe. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 10 2012 16:40

• JustMe
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 13 2010

Bovine TB question

Hi, I have been asked a question about TB movement restrictions by a friend and am having no luck finding an answer online so wondered if someone on here might know?

The question is: If a farmer owns land and grazes cattle there which can only be accessed by right of way accross a field owned by another holding which is under TB restrictions, how would they (original farmer) stand about moving cattle accross this restricted field (I presume by trailer)?

Thanks

• Tue, Apr 10 2012 20:23 In reply to

Re: Bovine TB question

I wouldn't think there would be any problem.  Most probable means of transmission would be by nose to nose contact and or badgers spreading TB whilst the cattle are grazing in the adjoining field.  If cattle are in contact there will usually be extra testing anyway. I'd cut silage/hay or graze sheep on that field until the TB problem is sorted out.  Hoping all works out clear as it is a lot of hassle.

• Tue, Apr 10 2012 21:22 In reply to

Hi Justme, more than likely the cattle in question would have to be pre-movement tested in any case, but that could be just Wales. Otherwise like Phil says, no problem as they wouldn't come into contact with the cattle under restrictions.
    http://www.holidaycambriancoast.co.uk/

http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/cottages/llechwedd-mawr-oq2
  • Wed, Apr 11 2012 15:17 In reply to

• JustMe
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 13 2010

Thanks for the replies :)

I was'nt so much concerned about the cattle catching TB as the legaslative implications of crossing land under restriction, glad to hear it shouldnt cause a problem so I will pass that on!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© RBI 2001-2010