Cookies & Privacy
in

Deutz-Fahr, your opinion?

Last post Tue, Jul 22 2014 23:24 by mursal. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 24 2012 8:16

Deutz-Fahr, your opinion?

I quite like Deutz-Fahr and I just wanted to know your opinion on them.
  • Thu, May 24 2012 13:03 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Re: Deutz-Fahr, your opinion?

The kit itself is very good and easy to work on, though some of the gearboxes give a bit of trouble.

But, the importer over here leaves a lot to be desired.

• Thu, May 24 2012 15:07 In reply to

The tractors look pretty good in my opinion, but in the same situation as mursal, our local deutz dealer - wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from them, let alone a tractor.

• Thu, May 24 2012 15:42 In reply to

• bovril
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 14 2009
    • Essex

A friend's bought a couple new recently, (we've got a dealer here who can be very good if you get on with him) and I gather they are good solid machines. He has a lot of different people hopping on to drive them, and the big 'Tonka toy' buttons are actually quite nice to use.
  • Thu, May 24 2012 15:50 In reply to

Dealers, some good some not. We got a local John Deere dealer down the road from us, I spose the good side is that we know them. Deutz do look like quite a solid tractor from the George Ross & sons videos on YouTube.
  • Fri, May 25 2012 22:06 In reply to

• rambo21
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 25 2012

i have had a deutz k110 since new. the p.t.o has always juddered going from forward to reverse, which judders the machine on the back. its now out of warrenty, so the dealer said the the oil flow was low because the gearbox takes priority over everthing else when going from forward to reverse. after uping the oil flow and getting the tractor back it still judders help needed please

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jul 28 2012 22:04 In reply to

I think there ok, would be nice if the build quilty was better inside.
  • Sun, Jul 29 2012 11:56 In reply to

Not sure about the new ones we have an 18 year old agrostar 6.38 done 5500 hours other than servicing the only money we have spent on it is for tyres and a battery, but that was when they built them simple.

On our third deutz combine we like these as easy to work on!

• Tue, Jul 31 2012 21:53 In reply to

• mitch93
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, May 6 2010

We bought a K430 new in 2010 and last month it started doing the exact same judder when you flick the shuttle with the PTO running, dealer has had it on dyno and found nothing. This comes after a gearbox rebuild after a bearing collapse in March this year. It has been a very unreliable tractor thus far with various 'niggly bits' some bigger than other, if this continues i can't see it being with us for much longer. This is our third Deutz since year 2000 and is the only one weve had real issues with, if you ask me id say its the poor italian build quality. Please let me know if you find what the judder is caused by, or if yours goes bang before mine.
  • Thu, Nov 22 2012 20:27 In reply to

We've had 4 with no problems with them at all but The PTO on our 18month old M620 wont engage for long periods then all of a sudden will work again (very hard to rely on not to mention extremely annoying) Still under warranty and has had the ECU changed with no difference. Hard to diagnose because it has no pattern and has sometimes stared working by the time the dealer has arived. (good dealer but even he doesnt know!!) Any suggestions???

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 22:11 In reply to

• rambo21
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 25 2012

i had the problem with the pto on mine but i got on a BRAND new k430 and the pto did the exact same judder. So i spoke the the main main uk deutz man and he said that its all an exaderated noise. They have all got a damper on them that cousons the impact on the pto. Ive had no other problem, and had it on a dadswell dp100ma 4 furrow heavy weight plough and 3 meter combi this year, and giving the crappy ploughing and drilling conditions she pulled it like a dream. Its abit sluggish on the grain carting on the road but comes into its own in the field OWSUME and lovely to sit in with the side window open listen to the engine at 1600 rpm
    Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Jul 22 2014 13:31 In reply to

I would also like to know what Deutz Combines are like.

At the moment we've got a 1979  Case IH 933 cutting 200 acres , worried the old girl might give up.

• Tue, Jul 22 2014 23:24 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Welcome to the forum Renault.

They are quite good and straight forward to work on, but that might depend on model. Parts are expensive but most of the bearings etc are available from non main dealer suppliers. Yes as they get older you do wonder if or when they will stop and let you down. They never seem to give trouble on the rainy days?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
© RBI 2001-2010