Cookies & Privacy
in

Isuzu Rodeo

Last post Wed, Jun 20 2012 10:18 by southernskye. 53 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3   Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 17 2012 18:03

Isuzu Rodeo

Anyone got one or had one recently? Thinking of getting one for work but would quite like some opinions please?

"Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals." (Sir Winston Churchill)
  • Fri, Feb 17 2012 18:58 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Re: Isuzu Rodeo

Loads of them over here, as they were pushed hard by the importer when introduced, a few years ago now.

Haven't got the second-hand value of the big names like Toyota etc, but that's probably why you are interested?

Click 

• Fri, Feb 17 2012 22:19 In reply to

Is it the double cab pick-up you're talking about Cornish ? There's quite a few of those around here. They seem to go on and on for ever, with few problems. My neighbour has an eleven yr old one with god knows how many miles, which he hasn't spent much on as regards repairs. Another friend has a newer one. He does a lot of miles annually and loves his, though he says it's not brilliant off road (too big).
    http://www.holidaycambriancoast.co.uk/

• Sat, Feb 18 2012 11:23 In reply to

Yeah, double cab is what I'm after. Struggling to find anyone with a bad word to say about them to be honest.

"Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals." (Sir Winston Churchill)
  • Sat, Feb 18 2012 20:55 In reply to

welshnwilling:
    he says it's not brilliant off road (too big).

Ha Ha, one of our delivery drivers has a Rodeo and does a bit of ferreting in his spare time.  He was in one of our neighbours fields when he got stuck, towed him out with our L200.  The Rodeo is a nice truck though, know of a few round here.

• Sat, Feb 18 2012 21:28 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male

Probably hit a bit heavy for you?

Click 

• Sun, Feb 19 2012 11:31 In reply to

• sharpin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008

I have a 2006 one ive done 65k and havent had a problem yet other than wearing out breakpads and tyres but thats down to my driving. The seatbelt failing has been the only fault which is great because i thought there would be alot of different problems by now but have been pleasently suprised. I do love driving it occasionally sideways i hit a large dear the other day although it hit it then drove over the top of it and its great if i meet anyone on country lanes as u just fly up the verge. I will definatly get another but im getting a new car soon so i dont wear the truck up 2 quick, also dont get a navara it will fall apart straight away i now to many who do.
  • Sun, Feb 19 2012 21:42 In reply to

the cornish ba#t*rd:
    Yeah, double cab is what I'm after

What are you planning on using it for ?

• Sun, Feb 19 2012 23:04 In reply to

Agronomists' run around. I do allot of miles but I need something that has a sensible tax code and is reletively cheap to run.
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 10:57 In reply to

the cornish ba#t*rd:
    Agronomists' run around

I just feel that all of these pick-ups have got to big for running around, but there doesn't seem to be a sensible alternative out there.

Saw someone the other day collecting oil and parts in a brand new disco. Looked like a real one from the outside, but it was a van on the inside.

• Mon, Feb 20 2012 14:00 In reply to

I have no experience of anything other than my old P reg HiLux DC.

Been looking at newer (2-3 year old) truck and I keep coming back to the L200 DC simply because it is the "smallest" out there.

They all seem to be getting stupidly big. The new 2012 Ranger is bigger than previous, that VW thing is Huge....not sure what size the 2012 Rodeo is (just released in Thailand I hear)?

http://www.vansa2z.com/All-new-2012-Isuzu-Rodeo-breaks-cover

Hopefully no bigger than previous models.

It would be nice to be able to get a truck suited to European roads. I.E...not huge!

rgds

S.Skye.

• Mon, Feb 20 2012 18:06 In reply to

Yeah, I know what you mean. The Rodeo is smaller than the Hi Lux and L200, better on fuel and significantly cheaper. I could go for a commercial Freelander but the boss insists on having back seats "just in case". So I keep coming back to the Rodeo.
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 21:00 In reply to

• cymro
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 25 2007
    • cymru,gwlad y gwlan

go for it cornish,you wont reget it,had mine over a year now and love it

• Mon, Feb 20 2012 21:17 In reply to

Right, just gotta persuade the boss now!
  • Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:34 In reply to

• townie
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, May 22 2005
    • West Wales

We've been running a Ranger for about four years now.  Excellent vehicle on and off road, reliable and a fine tower.  Question is what exactly are you doing with the vehicle?  Do you need the pickups loading capacity and towing ability or is it mainly having four seats and some decent boot space with off-road capability?  All pickups are expensive to run compared to other vehicles.  Alongside the Ranger we run an Xtrail, which is good enought for muddy Welsh tracks and a bit of on-field work and can tow > 2 tonnes but returns over 40 mpg.  With the seats down you can get a lot in the back and it takes a lot of punishment.  As we've had that 9 years now I've been looking at a replacment: the new model looks as good and perhaps more reliable (our model required two replacement turbos, thankfully under warranty), but the other car we've looked at is the Forester, which is looking even better and gets around 50 mpg.

Just worth a few thoughts before you leap.

• Tue, Feb 21 2012 23:03 In reply to

• hywellb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 8 2009

We have run one for 103,000 from new on a 56 plate. Has had a lot of wear and tear, (three moderate crashes) still kept on going, clutch needed doing at 93,000 for the first time which is very good, fuel gauge stopped working at about 100,000 miles, and is starting to be quite slow pulling a trailer (power issues) Possibly turbo, or maybe just needs a service. All in all though, a very reliable work horse, would highly reccommend..... especially second hand ones.
  • Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:09 In reply to

• henarar
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 21 2008
    • zumerzet

Is it the same engine as in the trooper?

• Wed, Feb 22 2012 21:09 In reply to

I see there's going to be a new 2012 model of Rodeo developed with GM and based on a Chevrolet Colorado it looks more like a Toyota hilux.

Expect good deals on new 2011 models as dealers try to shift stocks before new model appears followed by poorer residuals!!

• Wed, Feb 22 2012 21:11 In reply to

Trouble with the ones you've mentioned is that because it's a company car I get stung on tax with a car type 4x4. I have a Freelander 2 at the mo and it's perfect for what I do but it attracts a very high tax rate. A pick up, as a commercial vehicle, has a flat rate of £600 per year regardless of size and value, about half what I pay now for the privilege of having a company car.
  • Wed, Feb 22 2012 21:13 In reply to

Trouble with the ones you've mentioned is that because it's a company car I get stung on tax with a car type 4x4. I have a Freelander 2 at the mo and it's perfect for what I do but it attracts a very high tax rate. A pick up, as a commercial vehicle, has a flat rate of £600 per year regardless of size and value, about half what I pay now for the privilege of having a company car
  • Thu, Feb 23 2012 20:18 In reply to

Test drove an L200 Worrior today. Quietly impressed!
  • Thu, Feb 23 2012 21:03 In reply to

the cornish ba#t*rd:
    Test drove an L200 Worrior today. Quietly impressed!

I'm not surprised that you liked it, and I can totally understand the reasoning behind getting one due to the tax implications etc but I still don't understand why nearly every man and his wife needs a double cab pick-up. Seems to me like there's one parked outside every other house in our village and most of them never see mud let alone go off road. They must cost an absolute fortune to run when compared to the Astra's and Focus's they replaced.

• Thu, Feb 23 2012 22:17 In reply to

Well, don't panic wnw, whatever I end up with it will most deffinately see mud and will deffinately be going off road! As for the double cab, it is my car as well as I don't want to run 2 vehicles. No where to park them if I did mind.
  • Fri, Feb 24 2012 0:55 In reply to

Cornish, I don't have any problem with people like yourself using pick-up's. What gets me is all the people who just have them as a fashion accessory. In this area at least, it feels like everyone who doesn't need one, has one (or two). I was passing the local primary school the other day at a quarter to nine in the morning and I saw about half a dozen of them. Funny thing was that all the farmer's wives had normal cars, fuel is expensive after all.

I will say though that it now seems that the VW transporter crew cab van seems to be very much in vogue at the moment, again with people who have no use for one. Am I missing something?

Rant over ! (Sorry)

• Fri, Feb 24 2012 13:16 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male

Couple of Audi Q7's round here, all non farmers. Back windows panelled and no back seats, to get in under the 320 Euro tax bracket. Shocking stuff altogether, don't know how they sleep at night, probably on sleepers.

Though with the slowdown in the economy I see a few Q5's on the school run.  Not a tow-bar in sight? Should be illegal?

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3   Next >
© RBI 2001-2010