Cookies & Privacy
in

JCB Injector Pump Timing

Last post Mon, Jun 24 2013 17:37 by mursal. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 4 2010 21:28

• Trinity
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 4 2010

JCB Injector Pump Timing

Can anyone help with injector pump timing on a JCB 535-60 Perkins engine. Details are as follows :-

Type 2174/2200

Engine No. 455/1045/02/0395

Family 4PKXL04-4RJ1

Fitting a new injector pump. Thought we could put it back where old key way was but there's no keyway and we can't find timing marks to set No. 1 cylinder to top.

Any help much appreciated

• Sat, Dec 4 2010 22:31 In reply to

• aandr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 8 2009

Re: JCB Injector Pump Timing

If its a 1000 series fastram perkins timing marks should be on the gears, key way in crank shaft gear should be more or less striaght up.

New pump should already be set a top dead on number 1 (locked with bolt in side of pump)

you should be able to see where the old pump key way was on the old hub as they normally leave a very slight mark even though they are not keyed to hub.

If you have the 1100 series perkins i remove rocker cover set valves of number one on the rock then use a drill bit which goes through a hole in block to lock crank shaft. lock up fuel pump with lock bolt on side and pump is set a number 1 top dead. take it off do what you have to and refit.

All new or refurbed pumps should be set at number 1. if you have lost this setting you should idealy take it to diesel place to get it reset, if your lucky you can remove locking bolt look in hole and you might see a mark on the shaft where it was locked before. 

• Sat, Dec 4 2010 22:49 In reply to

• aandr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 8 2009

Hang on think i made an error there 1100 series engines valves of number 1 could have to be closed so cylinder has done compression and about to fire, not on the rock as i said last post.

Info i need is in the van so call tomorrow miday ish if you need more help.

• Sun, Dec 5 2010 11:48 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Yes, as above.

No4 will have all valves open a little (No4 is rocking) when No1 is about to fire on Top Dead Center (TDC).

This might help you find the locking points on the engine.

(Thanks you Aandr, I'll save your above tips if thats OK)

• Sun, Dec 5 2010 22:28 In reply to

• Trinity
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 4 2010

Thanks for all your help - much appreciated. We couldn't have done it without your advice.

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 21:36 In reply to

with the timeing cover off look at the gear for the cam, it has one small hole  that hole must be rotated till it sits at about 3 oclock.   put a drill bit in the hole, is should go in more then 1 inch.  that will hold the gears in the propper place for you to put your rebuilt injector into.  there is no need to take off the valve cover to do TDC, perkins has built this little hole in the gear and block just for this purpose.

• Mon, Jun 24 2013 13:08 In reply to

• Akpanga
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 24 2013

Jcb 4cx it no timing make on the pump gear crank, and com. Con some one help me to set this timing.
  • Mon, Jun 24 2013 17:37 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Have you the pump off?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
© RBI 2001-2010