Cookies & Privacy
in

Jcb Loadall

Last post Sun, Sep 28 2003 20:46 by anonymous. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 28 2003 20:46

Jcb Loadall

hi Can anyone please let me know about the jcb 252.50 (like the 520 only with bigger wheels) loadall, I've seen one in a classifed ad. are they generally a good machine or have they any mechanical faults? Do jcb still make them? Thanks a lot!
  • Fri, Oct 3 2003 22:09

Jcb Loadall

It depends very much what you want to use it for and what you are using at present. We had a 520-50 for 3 years and didn`t like it one bit, however the 525-50 may have a few improvements if it has the bigger wheels. From what I can remember the 525-50 only had cast iron fenders so it could lift a little bit more. It was the 520-50s that had the bigger wheeels and turbo. It was the cramped ill designed cab, very limited off road performance and the slow boom cycle times that I didn`t like about ours. And then to cap it all, it burst the transmission oil cooler letting the engine coolant into the T/C causing about £4000 worth of damage. What type of work were you wanting to do with it?
  • Wed, Oct 15 2003 20:16 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

sorry about not getting back! i need the machine moving pallets around and also working a silage block cutter. is its road speed slow? Thanks
  • Wed, Oct 15 2003 20:58 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

Yes it was quite slow on the road, it didn`t seem to do more than 15mph although the new 526s isn`t that quick either. We used our 520-50 with a block cutter or shear grab and this was a problem because we seemed to be always changing from grab to bucket for the mixer wagon. 5 changes/day meant 10 entrys & exits from the cab which in turn was 3650 times/year and in the 3 years we had it was almost 11,000 times I disliked it and swore at it! If you are going to use the block cutter all the time you may not experience this problem. Also pallets shouldn`t be a problem as long as you`re not off road. In the winter the heater/demister isn`t adequate to clear the windows and in summer, you could sweat to death. What are you using now?
  • Thu, Oct 16 2003 22:20 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

15mph is slow! what would a 526S open out? 25mph? is grab to bucket bit of a pain Well I've using a MF 390T (with loader grab) and a case 580 super k with bucket may look at the new TM 300 or a new 530 70FS have you any views on them?
  • Fri, Oct 17 2003 10:29 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

Our old 526s would do 23mph on the road and was never tweaked. Just got a 530 70 series 2 super about a month ago and it is the dogs wotsits. Will do 40k comfortably and the smoothride is sensational.
  • Fri, Oct 17 2003 22:37 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

Must agree about the smooth-ride.I have been driving a digger recently with it on and it is just amazing.You do have to remember to turn it off though before you do anything.
  • Sat, Oct 18 2003 19:51 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

We`ve got smooth ride on our 526s and I only find it very good if you are carrying weight in the bucket. I can see why 3CX drivers like it so much for road work, as they always carry rear buckets in the front. This weekend we have been kindly given the use of a new 520-40 for a low building job and I have to say how much there is an improvement in the cab design against the 520-50. All the features that I disliked seem to have been tackled. For the size of the machine, I would almost go as far as to saying that the cab has more space in it than the 526. I took this photo earlier today http://www.ytmag.com/today/tphotos/a1455.jpg
  • Sun, Oct 19 2003 21:17 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

Mmm that 520 40 looks the part. Is it a 2 ton to 4 metre machine.
  • Sun, Oct 19 2003 21:25 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

We use smoothride almost all the time, less spills from the bucket and a lot less clanking around when travelling along rough tracks which must reduce wear in pins and bushes. Really annoying that it turns itself off when you turn the ignition off. Nice to see that JCB finally put a comfortable seat in a loader, the armrest is better than nothing, but maybe one day they will build the joystick into it.
  • Sun, Oct 19 2003 21:30 In reply to

Jcb Loadall

agree about the comfort of boom and speed, also V quiet. does yours stall much, we have very low engine power at low revs which means poor pickup (gutless) when manoeuvring and lifting, switch on the air con and it kills it, I hope it loosens up a bit as the hrs clock up. we also had the air seat which has a very short seat base and an poor angle which tips you off instead of tilting towards the backrest, I might try some blocks under the front of seat runners. David W.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
© RBI 2001-2010