Cookies & Privacy
in

Mchale bale wrap computer

Last post Wed, Nov 2 2011 9:11 by Gulli. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 1 2011 5:46

• Gulli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 7 2010

Mchale bale wrap computer

anyone know how to reset it and set the number of wraps?

its the old one with just the two buttons as opposed to the newer one with the calibration button on

• Tue, Nov 1 2011 9:41 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Re: Mchale bale wrap computer

991B 

991L

995LM

If none of the above, might be a good idea to share the model number with us.

Or give the guys over in the factory a ring (contact details at the front of the manuals) they will tell you over the phone.

Hope this helps

• Tue, Nov 1 2011 12:15 In reply to

• bovril
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 14 2009
    • Essex

Gulli:

its the old one with just the two buttons

My 995 is near 10 years old, and has two rows of buttons, 8 or 10 in all I think. As Mursal says, ring McHales, they are unbelievably helpful, and don't mind you calling them for rthe silliest of questions (or if they do, they never show it!!).
  • Tue, Nov 1 2011 14:19 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

bovril:
    and don't mind you calling them for rthe silliest of questions (or if they do, they never show it!!).

Irish charm, you just cant beat it

• Tue, Nov 1 2011 14:37 In reply to

• bovril
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 14 2009
    • Essex

I've just got in the tractor with the wrapper box in, so I thought I'd take a minute to go through it. My box has 12 buttons in pairs down the right side, a red on/off button near the botto0 and the 4 function button at the top on the left, so this may not apply to your box at all. (But I know the newer machines have an updated control from this one).

To alter the number of turns you turn the box on, press continuous cycle if that is activated, then use the down arrow on the multi function button twice so you see 'To. Set Wraps' on the screen. Press the return button (right hand side of the multi button) and set the 'tens' of wraps with the up and down arrow keys, then return again to set the single numbers. Once you're done, press ESC to return to the home screen.
  • Tue, Nov 1 2011 18:49 In reply to

Think you may have the same control box as our 991C, the one with the 5 small switches in a horizontal row, an on-off button, and 3 little buttons under the lcd display.

I know to reset the bale count you have to hold in the bale count button, and then hold in the 'hold to set' button, but have never managed to change the number of wraps from the preset, no matter how much I have fiddled around with it.  I will be interested to hear anyones answers, as I have the same question myself.

• Tue, Nov 1 2011 18:57 In reply to

• Gulli
    • Not Ranked

sorry i didnt mean the control box, ours is all on manual levers its just the little counter thing im trying to work. cant work out how to post it on here but if you click on the 991L link in mursals post and go to page 32 its like that, but its the older version with just two buttons on

• Wed, Nov 2 2011 9:11 In reply to

• Gulli
    • Not Ranked

problem solved. turns out they cleverly disguised a button as the A in Mchale! thanks for the replies anyhow

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
© RBI 2001-2010