Cookies & Privacy
in

New Holland's TS tractors

Last post Tue, Apr 24 2012 12:30 by Tim.Relf. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 17 2002 21:49 In reply to

NEW HOLLAND,S TS TRACTORS

HAS anyone experienced problems with new hollands TS range mine has been nothing but trouble it is x reg TS115 with 1964 hours on it . A have had oil seals go the wheel rims have cracked the brakes failed in harvest and now the hydrolics have gone
  • Sat, Jan 19 2002 19:41 In reply to

we got a Y reg TS 115 which has been turboed to 130hp and the only problems to date have been a faulty electronic lift panel @ 240hours and yes the old rims cracking on the rear wheels, but finally got a set of TM stronger rims at no extra cost and that seems to have sorted the problem out. I also know of another 6 TS's with same problem and also front hub seals going where front lifts and loaders are fitted.
  • Sat, Feb 2 2002 18:48 In reply to

a neighbour was driving along in his 135hp ts115 at 12 hours when it cut out. the exact reason we didnt buy a tm125.not worth it. try the new massey 6200 series or in the region of the ts a 4300 series massey. we bought a massey 6280 with auto g'box and 3 years warranty.try it
  • Sat, Feb 2 2002 22:05 In reply to

usual story then.the TS & TM are known localy as Total Sh*te & Total Manure. Rims,brakes very common problems also bonnet & grills,gearboxes,engines the list goes on.thats what fait have done for ford.I just hope they dont destroy case the same way. safer with a case or deere.they may or may not cost a bit more but what price reliblity?
  • Sun, Feb 3 2002 16:52 In reply to

why dont you get a john deere 6020 series john deere we have one and they are great power houses ,great trnsmission
  • Mon, Feb 11 2002 23:28 In reply to

I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD TS 115 WITH 1400 HOURS IT BURNS ENGINE OIL AND THE LIFT IS NOT CORRECT ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS?
  • Mon, Feb 18 2002 19:50 In reply to

I have a TS110 with a loader on the front. It is 3 years old and has a shade under 4000hrs on the clock. Aside from a problem with a switch on the gearbox, we have had no real problem with it. I would think about making my next tractor a NH. Though after reading these comments, perphaps it won't be a TS115?
  • Mon, Feb 18 2002 19:59 In reply to

Without prying to much what model did you buy and how much did you pay for it?
  • Wed, Apr 11 2012 15:54 In reply to

Re: NEW HOLLAND,S TS TRACTORS

Because if you were to buy a 6020 Deere your talking about a new engine because the old one aren't worth there weight in scrap believe me I've been there. I went from a 6020 back to a TS that I've had for more than twelve years with just under 10k hours on it and more poke than any of the equivelant John Deeres massey or case. Peoples biggest problem is that they put Turbo's on them which is not a good idea because with that much power the back end is not able for it. Out of the 10k hours on my tractor there was one major thing that happened it that at 2k hours the hydraulics went but according to our local newholland dealer sent the bearing filings we found in the pump back to england to be tested and it corressponds to no metal products in the tractor so it was a sabotage attempt where we were hedgecutting at the time. But it has pulled a 5 furrow reversible a 16 inches the full 21 inches so theres plenty of poke in them standard. also if you don't use good oil in a tractor no matter what anyone says it ruins a tractors engine we have a Ford 7700 over 30 year old belonging to my dad and there 14k hours on  the standard engine that was supposed to go porous

• Tue, Apr 24 2012 12:30

New Holland's TS tractors

For a round-up of quirky rural news see my blog Field Day
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
© RBI 2001-2010