Cookies & Privacy
in

PZ Haybob

Last post Thu, Mar 31 2005 14:29 by anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 31 2005 14:29

PZ Haybob

I am looking for a PZ haybob - which is about 4 meters wide. I dont know if they still make them from new, or if there are any companies that manufacture them. I know that many companies make the single types (either row or turn). However, i am looking for the dual type (row and turn). We currently have one - which we have had for the best part of 15 years, and has never let us down - so looking to replace it with the same make, and same size. We bought a PZ300 last year, however it is too small, and we prefer the larger type. The one we have at the moment has 4 separate carriers - which all spin off of the one PTO shaft. The outer two swing back in when not in use to minimise the size of it. Any information would be ace. Tom
  • Thu, Mar 31 2005 15:57

PZ Haybob

I think it'll be the PZ HS360 you might be meaning. It's just like a normal 300 but with a telescopic middle. PZ only made them for a short while because they had a bit of gearbox trouble in heavy crops of grass. People used to try and put too much, too fast through it. The only other one I can think of would be the Jumbo420. It looked like a big Haybob but couldn't spread.
  • Thu, Mar 31 2005 17:40 In reply to

PZ Haybob

My mistake - It is the 360, with the telescopic outer turners. We never had to replace the Gearbox....but that could be due to a 'careful drive'....on second hand, could be down to luck! I would be willing to take any make that does both rowing and turning....and does at least 4 meters... Tom
  • Thu, Mar 31 2005 19:59 In reply to

PZ Haybob

lely make a combi tedder / swather model but only comes in 3m or jump up to 6 m we have a kuhn one ourself that does both cant remember the model but will have a check tomorrow if i remember they dont make the same one anymore but they make an equivalent model which is the grs 25, I was under the impression that PZ where still manufacturing
  • Thu, Mar 31 2005 20:34 In reply to

PZ Haybob

Weren't PZ taken over by Vicon, Greenland and then Kverneland? Vicon Haybob 300-HS 360 http://www.kvernelandgroup.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/HtmlbEvent/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fKVG!2fcom.kverneland.www!2fcom.kverneland.iviews!2fcom.kverneland.kvLaunch http://www.kvernelandgroup.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/HtmlbEvent/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/kv_image/products/vic/160px/rakes/0007_403_06.jpg Looks like Kverneland don't like me making a link to their site, so this picture might disappear again! So much for wanting your business! [;)]
  • Sun, Apr 3 2005 21:40

PZ Haybob

Tommy,were the h-bob 360 as good as the 300 for turning and raying in
  • Mon, Apr 4 2005 13:06 In reply to

PZ Haybob

There does seem to be a problem with the link. Sometimes when I click on to this posting, there's a log-in / password box that comes up with 'Portal Authentication' marked on it. I'm not sure what sure to make of their website, it's slow and complicated in my view, and then when you've waited it's not that special what's been found. What does anyone else think of it? Or is it just me and my slow dial up connection?
  • Mon, Apr 4 2005 14:33 In reply to

PZ Haybob

We have had both, And i can say that the 360 was without a doubt the better one. Because it has 4 different turners, all with their own wheel, and fully adjustable, there was hardily ever any waist when using it (didnt miss any Hay). Not only that, but less tines were broken. The 360 was obviously that little bit bigger - which meant that you could cover move land, yet not huge when traveling along the road. Tom
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
© RBI 2001-2010