Cookies & Privacy
in

Renault Ares 640 - amalgamated old thread

Last post Mon, Feb 9 2009 9:13 by Isabel Davies. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 1 2002 20:29 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

Does anybody have any experience with the Renault Ares 640. They appear a very good value for money tractor with a Deere Engine. I saw in a previous thread something about the 3 year warrantee being a bit dubious or something. Any views would be greatly appreciated as we are looking a buying a couple for ploughing, fert spreading, baling and general haulage.
  • Sat, Mar 2 2002 12:32 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

We had a Renault ares 640 on demo 3 years ago, and to be honest it's the best tractor i have ever driven, stacks of power and excellent torque back up, and whats even better is that it is an absoloute joy to drive, the cab's spacious and with it's suspension providing excellent comfort I was as fresh as I was first thing in the morning after a 15 hour day of foraging in the heat and Renault dealer's after sales service is brilliant and a credit to the industry!
  • Sat, Mar 2 2002 12:33 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

We had a Renault ares 640 on demo 3 years ago, and to be honest it's the best tractor i have ever driven, stacks of power and excellent torque back up, and whats even better is that it is an absoloute joy to drive, the cab's spacious and with it's suspension providing excellent comfort I was as fresh as I was first thing in the morning after a 15 hour day of foraging in the heat and Renault dealer's after sales service is brilliant and a credit to the industry!
  • Sat, Mar 2 2002 12:43 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

We've got a 620 and bought it when i had a back problem,a little smaller than 640 but its great for fert speading, rolling, general haulage,and hedge cutting.We've had no problems with it apart from two new doors, not the tractors fault,just watch the gas strut stay on the door as it gets worn after a while. I would like to change another tractor this year so will definately look at the 640
  • Sat, Mar 2 2002 17:14 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

Yes Our Local Dealer has a 725 in stock as well as a Demo and its door got smashed and the back mud guard damaged by a passing lorry and the repair bill was very expensive with the Door being basically all glass. They are a new dealer to Renaults but have looked after us very well with our old tractors which is why we are looking to change over with them. which is why I was looking for reports good or bad, thank you for your help
  • Sat, Mar 2 2002 17:16 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

I took a similar view to yourself with the one I drovee afew weeks ago although not for as long and was very impressed which actually made me more suspiscious as to why there weren't more about, and we are very lucky in that our local dealer although new to Renaults has always given service second to none which is why we are looking at changing with him to Renaults.
  • Sun, Mar 3 2002 5:20 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

I am a contractor in New Zealand where Renault has only just been imported this last year, we have a 640 which has mainly been used for Baling (MF 185) and a 725 which has a Lely front mower and Khun mower grouper on the rear. We have had a faulty themostat and broken door glass in the first week, a couple of bulbs blown and a fractured power steering oil pipe and thats about it. The comfort of the Renault makes it a joy to drive in the NZ rugged terrain even compared to our 926 vario Fendt. Buy one!!!( they are a little thirsty)
  • Mon, Mar 4 2002 10:13 In reply to

Renault Ares 640

yep they are very good tractors! i had 725 rz on hire last backend for a week it was manly plough and subsoiling pleant or power form JD engine but the gear box and backend are made buy gnia which also supplys Massey ferguson! we have a MF 6170 with a loader on it.The 725 had the same gear box like the dynashift and a very simler backend but the Renault Dealer Send that it had a Big Power shaft than the MF and a 146 diffeant parts to a MF.I was also very impress with the tractor!
  • Sun, Feb 8 2009 15:46 In reply to

Re: Renault Ares 640

can anyone tell me if the renault 836 rz are a good tractor?...going to look at one 2003 model on monday...to run at the  side of my jd7920.they look a very good value for the money tractor,can anyone help?....thanks!

• Mon, Feb 9 2009 9:13

Renault Ares 640 - amalgamated old thread

Test

Content Editor for Farmers Weekly
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
© RBI 2001-2010