Cookies & Privacy
in

Richie Slitter. (Grassland aereator)

Last post Sun, Jun 3 2012 20:20 by old mcdonald. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous   1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:20 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Re: Richie Slitter. (Grassland aereator)

Thanks Old Mac, I'll have a look.

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 19:32 In reply to

• old mcdonald
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2008
    • Near Castelo Branco, Portugal

murssal, It came to me today when I was gearing up to sow a few seeds. The company is EarthWay (U.S.) and I have one of their "precision" (not quite) seeders and it has saved me many, many hours over the last 5 years or so. They refer to the gadgets as  Hand Crank Spreaders, they have several models, and whilst designed for fertiliser spreading I am sure they will cope with seeds the same as a pto spreader. I know of at least two English companies that stock EarthWay equipment - www.pitchcare.com and www.mowermagic.co.uk but both are pricey and you might get a better deal importing direct or using someone local. I arranged my purchase through a company in Castelo Branco that I knew dealt with the Portuguese importer of EarthWay products. EarthWay as a company is very helpful too and will tell you if anybody in Ireland imports their equipment. If not, perhaps you could start a new business!!
    www.oldmcdonaldsolives.com
  • Sat, Jun 2 2012 0:45 In reply to

Mursal, just been Googling and also checking on Amazon (.com and .co.uk). Old McD was right about Earthway.

http://www.earthway.com/products/hand-spreaders/3200-commercial-hand-crank-broadcast-spreader 

Also found one made by Solo and a UK supplier. As usual the £:$ exchange rate seems to be 1:1.

http://www.agratech.co.uk/sprayers-and-nozzles/Solo-421ST-Hand-Operated-Spreader.html

• Sat, Jun 2 2012 1:32 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Thank you, Stuart and Old Mac, I put you both to an awful lot of trouble, much appreciated.

I wasn't sure until I say the pictures, they look spot on. From what I remember the fiddle had a sack that was hard to fill, so the plastic hopper would be a real bonus. Especially when filling it on your own.

Thanks you, again

• Sun, Jun 3 2012 20:20 In reply to

• old mcdonald
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2008
    • Near Castelo Branco, Portugal

mursal, It was no trouble at all. I had the info to hand. I do like the seed drill. I sowed maize recently with Mark III of a 2 row tpl drill I concocted and had a couple of "misses" that I was unaware of whilst sowing.  One of them looked about right for 250 seeds of a multi-cob sweetcorn variety I was interested in trialling. That reminded me of the spreaders.It took less than one minute to push the drill the length of the miss. I could have done it the hard way and hand sown. 

www.oldmcdonaldsolives.com
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous   1 2
© RBI 2001-2010