Cookies & Privacy
in

Sellarc Pressure washer

Last post Thu, Feb 19 2004 19:55 by anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 19 2004 19:55

Sellarc Pressure washer

Was using our pressure washer today & it started behaving as if it was running out of water - a sort of vibration in the flow - and reduced pressure. If you released the trigger it seemed to build back to normal pressure almost immediately, & would seem OK for maybe 30 seconds before gradually dying again. Sometimes this can happen if you're drawing out of a trough etc, and the filter on the pipe's blocked - but all was clear. Any ideas? - is it terminal? It's about 10 years old, but doesn't do a huge amount of work, maybe an hour a week on average.
  • Thu, Feb 19 2004 20:23

Sellarc Pressure washer

Could be broken inlet/outlet valve spring in pump head, or foreign body in valve cage maybe. I have used Chamleys (Farmers Guardian ads) and found them helpful in the past, for spares for our ancient but trusty Warwick machine. Regards.
  • Thu, Feb 19 2004 21:07

Sellarc Pressure washer

Does it have a second straining filter on the inlet valve area? Some washers do and ocasionally they block up with dirt that the normal filter lets through.
  • Thu, Feb 19 2004 21:13 In reply to

Sellarc Pressure washer

That does seem possible Pinball, I'll have to look tomorrow. It has been 100% reliable and un-touched since new!
  • Thu, Feb 19 2004 21:44 In reply to

Sellarc Pressure washer

http://www.bateman-sellarc.co.uk/ Good solid machines Sellarc. I have one now, a 1500 for power washing the patio and driveway. When we were farming we used to have a Nixon and the frame on it dropped to pieces in no time!
  • Thu, Feb 19 2004 21:53 In reply to

Sellarc Pressure washer

Looks like I could quiz them about it from that link - but I'll check for extra filters first..thanx.
  • Fri, Feb 20 2004 20:04 In reply to

Sellarc Pressure washer

It may well have a very small crack in the suction hose, but small filter under machine is favorite for the symptoms you discribe. Can recommend Batemans. Acorn
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
© RBI 2001-2010