Cookies & Privacy
in

Spreadsheet's

Last post Mon, Jan 2 2012 22:36 by J R 249511. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 2 2012 12:19

Spreadsheet's

Happy New Year to all of you. Anyone on here could give advice? looking for a free spreadsheet to put such as sales/buying and make records for the farm and my own privates, I have heard that open offie spreadsheets are reasonable,are they free and save to use? it have to: x, +,-, %- divide. and average. It would be appreciated if you could help! Many Thanks. JR
  • Mon, Jan 2 2012 13:15 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Re: Spreadsheet's

We use Microsoft Office (2000 version), you can get it on E-Bay for a few quid. Excel is the spreadsheet program in Office

No bells or whistles, but does the job.

Up to the user to fill in the field to do the mathematical stuff. So you have full control.

It's as safe as the drive you have it running on, so always backup to an independent drive (USB pendrive etc).

My advice for what its worth, would be to do unimportant things first and make a few mistakes, then move onto the important things.

With all new bits of technology it takes me hours to do the simplest things. So if you are like me, you'll need to be patient at the beginning

• Mon, Jan 2 2012 14:51 In reply to

Thanks for that, mursal. I have tried Microsoft and find it a slow job! I was looking for something such as: when I enter figures and high light them, for the total figure to show at the bottom, to save time!. In the pass I was on software known as 123, now PC have been changed and on windows 7. 123 will not work!!. 123 did most things quick and easy. Any way I will keep trying on your advice! Thanks. JR
  • Mon, Jan 2 2012 19:42 In reply to

• mursal
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 16 2009

Help  to run Lotus 123 on Windows 7

The above seems to have several solutions, not sure how good,

More information

• Mon, Jan 2 2012 19:59 In reply to

• bovril
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 14 2009
    • Essex

I used Lotus 123 when I got my first computer, and stuck with it until I got a laptop. I still think it was simpler to use than Microsoft Office, but eventually I had to fit in with the rest of the world. But I resisted as long as I could!!
  • Mon, Jan 2 2012 22:36 In reply to

Hi all. That was a great help, with all the info that was great, I have something to get my teeth in to now!! Thanks JR
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© RBI 2001-2010