Cookies & Privacy
in

supporting our dairy farmers

Last post Thu, Jul 26 2012 16:09 by up the rams. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2   Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 22 2012 13:25

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 10 2011
    • glossop derbyshire

supporting our dairy farmers

here is my 3 year old showing her support for the dairy farmers :)
  • Sun, Jul 22 2012 13:38 In reply to

• henarar
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 21 2008
    • zumerzet

Re: supporting our dairy farmers

I recon thats lemonade she has got ih the bottleConfused

• Sun, Jul 22 2012 13:42 In reply to

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • glossop derbyshire

ha ha i would get told off if that was the case...she loves her milk as much as she loves her cows!
  • Sun, Jul 22 2012 14:01 In reply to

Looking good!

Sometimes some paper comes in handy for those long journeys!!!!

Keep up the good work

• Sun, Jul 22 2012 14:04 In reply to

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • glossop derbyshire

i parked outside the tesco near me had a lot of people reading the posters as they were queuing up for the cash machine
  • Tue, Jul 24 2012 10:28 In reply to

Yes, nice to see the next generation backing dairy farmersBig Smile

For a round-up of quirky rural news see my blog Field Day
  • Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:16 In reply to

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • glossop derbyshire

yes i don't want to be telling her when she's older how she was always on grandad's farm. i want her to be showing her friends how to milk cows! ;)
  • Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:43 In reply to

Incidentally, FW is printing some "Fair Price on the Shelf, Fair Price on the Farm" car stickers which will be distributed free in the July 27 issue of the magazine. Let's all display them in our cars!

• Tue, Jul 24 2012 12:12 In reply to

• bovril
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 14 2009
    • Essex

Tim.Relf:

Incidentally, FW is printing some "Fair Price on the Shelf, Fair Price on the Farm" car stickers which will be distributed free in the July 27 issue of the magazine. Let's all display them in our cars!

I've got to take a few last Fridays posters off my landy's windows today after going to the demonstration at Arla near Chelmsford last night!! I could hardly see out this morning!!
  • Tue, Jul 24 2012 18:30 In reply to

bovril:
    I've got to take a few last Fridays posters off my landy's windows today after going to the demonstration at Arla near Chelmsford last night!! I could hardly see out this morning!!

Good workBig Smile

• Wed, Jul 25 2012 9:20 In reply to

Drove past a Tesco the other day. Looked hard, but didn't see a sign saying "Department of Social Security for dairy farmers"

• Wed, Jul 25 2012 18:28 In reply to

give it a rest mate, everybodys got your message by now, gets a bit boring.
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 18:39 In reply to

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • glossop derbyshire

All I ever wanted was a decent employer!:
    i hope your talking to " up the rams" haha :p x
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 19:14 In reply to

• Stewart
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, May 22 2005
    • Bay of Plenty NZ

All I ever wanted was a decent employer!:
    Interesting comment, it is also quite boring listening to dairy farmers complaining about their present situation expecting someone to come to their aid as though they have the right to an increased price.
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 19:14 In reply to

You talkin' to me pal? I'll give it a rest when the penny drops.
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 19:21 In reply to

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • glossop derbyshire

You say that as if you don't think they have a right to a decent price for their milk??
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 19:31 In reply to

When will we learn that it's worth what someone will pay you. It's called the free market. We spent 70 years fighting communism. Was it all worth it?

• Wed, Jul 25 2012 19:51 In reply to

• lucylu90
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • glossop derbyshire

Well I don't agree with that, I believe its worth a fair bit more than 24PPL.!! If its only worth that they wouldn't be agreeing to raising the price. If the farmers carried on with that price then we wouldn't have many dairy farms left! We are only a small dairy farm and I would love to be able to keep it running when my dad retires, but witout the support and decent prices that won't happen! I wouldn't like to say how many time the bank manager has rung up and suggested ( well told) my dad he has to sell up in the past two weeks!! And its not just dairy farmers that need all the support they can get its all british farmers that need support....people are more than happy to help farmers abroad...but when it comes to british farmers they aren't to bothered?
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 20:34 In reply to

Could you not apply the theory "something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay" here. From that it would seem many consumers will comfortably pay more. But then supermarkets see milk as a product purely for attracting customers in and if you buy milk, you will buy other items and most likely return there in the future.
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 21:25 In reply to

Edit thingy doesn't seem to work, just noticed what I had posted had already been mentioned.
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 21:50 In reply to

lucylu90:
    Well I don't agree with that, I believe its worth a fair bit more than 24PPL.!! If its only worth that they wouldn't be agreeing to raising the price

They would say that paying 24ppl, they get the supplies they want. They raise the price like they've done before as a short term PR exercise. They're not stupid and will claw it back when the fuss dies down, as before.

If we want a decent milk price, we need to be price makers, not price takers. Arla, Campina, Fonterra, and Yoplait were all formed by like-minded farmers elsewhere. Until we copy their mindset, these events are doomed to recur

• Wed, Jul 25 2012 21:55 In reply to

Joshua Denley:
    Could you not apply the theory "something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay" here. From that it would seem many consumers will comfortably pay more.

They will SAY they'll pay more because talk is cheap. Appealing for charity from processors, retailers and consumers is not a long term solution. Coca Cola, Red Bull and Perrier cost more because their manufacturers run an aggressive branding and marketing exercise. High time we followed suit.
  • Wed, Jul 25 2012 22:12 In reply to

• old mcdonald
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2008
    • Near Castelo Branco, Portugal

utr, I absolutely hate to sound patronising. It is simply not in my nature to say nice things to people as some other posters may well have noticed, but you have such a pragmatic way of putting things that I really do believe the world has a lot to learn from you.

Unfortunately I do believe that most folks would ignore your pearls of wisdom but at least you know that some of us who have no financial interest in the price of milk in the UK can appreciate those pearls you care to cast in front of us. 

I hope Derby Co. have a good season coming up. Billy Steele (the original) is the one I remember best.

• Wed, Jul 25 2012 22:25 In reply to

• old mcdonald
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2008
    • Near Castelo Branco, Portugal

Sorry about that. There were originally 6 copies of the same message!! Time expired before I could delete enough. On the other hand, I am quite happy that the world knows three times that I consider utr to be one of the more sensible posters on the forum.

• Wed, Jul 25 2012 22:26 In reply to

Old mcdonald,

Thank you for those kind words. I see myself as a missionary. It's an interesting position.....

You're showing your age with Billy Steele. As you might guess from my avatar, I was raised in the Brian Clough era. Happy days....

A good season would be avoiding promotion. A repeat of 2007-08 beckons.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2   Next >
© RBI 2001-2010