Cookies & Privacy
in

which double cab pickup can tow 3.5 ton??

Last post Sun, Mar 28 2010 21:34 by welshnwilling. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 21 2010 18:55

which double cab pickup can tow 3.5 ton??

I have noticed that most of the double cab pickups can't tow 3.5 ton legally. Is there any which can tow 3.5 ton?

• Sun, Mar 21 2010 19:08 In reply to

• avalon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 21 2008

Re: which double cab pickup can tow 3.5 ton??

I think a Ford Ranger can tow over 3 tonnes, Isuzu rodeo is 3 tonnes, hope this helps.

• Sun, Mar 21 2010 19:10 In reply to

• He his-self
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 22 2005
    • North East Scotland

I think the Landy double cab is all there is. You can try a Jeep Wrangler, both swb and lwb pull 3.5 ton and you can have auto too but no pickup version. Border Cars does good deals on them. Ford Ranger tows 3 ton I think if a loadbed is essential.
    Sense Amid Madness, Wit Amidst Folly
  • Sun, Mar 21 2010 19:20 In reply to

what about the nissan navara??

• Sun, Mar 21 2010 21:58 In reply to

As far as I know Land Rover is the only one that can tow 3.5t......surely there's a gap in the market for something that can tow a bit more ! What about the new Iveco 4x4 ? Although it looks like it could pull 5t I think even that's only allowed to pull 3.5t.

http://www.holidaycambriancoast.co.uk/

• Sun, Mar 21 2010 22:07 In reply to

Whilst we're on the subject I think all trailers should have an annual test (for safety's sake) and air brakes. Yes I know it'll cost a lot, but I've had enough lucky escapes to know that something need's to be done.

MARK MY WORDS, one day soon a 4x4 with a stocktrailer WILL cause a major accident and then they will come down on us like a ton of bricks !

By the way, hands up, I'm probably one of the worst culprits for over-loading etc......just thought I should own up before someone else points it out.

• Mon, Mar 22 2010 22:02 In reply to

What do you all think ? You're all very quiet tonight !

• Thu, Mar 25 2010 23:59 In reply to

Well i hope it does not come to having trailers or tractors needing MOT's, as most of us who use trailers  hopefully often check the brakes and bearings. I must own 7 or more trailers which can be pulled by a pickup truck, so just think about the cost of that!

• Fri, Mar 26 2010 0:07 In reply to

For a double cab only the Landrover can. Would look at Landcrusier, Nissan Patrol and Discovery (or left hand drive ford F250!) for anything that is capable of it. Also try searching for UK Tow, there is a web site that will give you all cars and trucks and what they can pull.

• Fri, Mar 26 2010 13:22 In reply to

• fatso
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 20 2007
    • kent /surrey

i send in my livestock trailer for service every 2 years, as the trailer is early part 1991,

so as you drive down the motorway, in the back off your mind the trailer is in good shape

• Sun, Mar 28 2010 21:34 In reply to

fatso:
    i send in my livestock trailer for service every 2 years

So do I, but it's 7 miles from our yard to the hill, which includes 3 miles forestry road and also 6 cattle grids and 2 streams to cross, so as you can imagine our trailer gets a tough time. Then there's all the trips to market etc. All in all, I reckon our trailer does about 15,000 miles per annum which is why I think an annual MOT would be a good thing !

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
© RBI 2001-2010