Forums

Isuzu Rodeo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

the cornish ba#t*rd
    the cornish ba#t*rd
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 1560

Anyone got one or had one recently? Thinking of getting one for work but would quite like some opinions please?

mursal
    mursal
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 2895

Loads of them over here, as they were pushed hard by the importer when introduced, a few years ago now.

Haven’t got the second-hand value of the big names like Toyota etc, but that’s probably why you are interested?

Click 

welshnwilling
    welshnwilling
    Participant
    Topics: 146
    Replies: 5913

Is it the double cab pick-up you’re talking about Cornish ? There’s quite a few of those around here. They seem to go on and on for ever, with few problems. My neighbour has an eleven yr old one with god knows how many miles, which he hasn’t spent much on as regards repairs. Another friend has a newer one. He does a lot of miles annually and loves his, though he says it’s not brilliant off road (too big).

the cornish ba#t*rd
    the cornish ba#t*rd
    Participant

Yeah, double cab is what I’m after. Struggling to find anyone with a bad word to say about them to be honest.

Farmer Dan 6465
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 811

welshnwilling

he says it’s not brilliant off road (too big).

Ha Ha, one of our delivery drivers has a Rodeo and does a bit of ferreting in his spare time.  He was in one of our neighbours fields when he got stuck, towed him out with our L200.  The Rodeo is a nice truck though, know of a few round here.

mursal
    mursal
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 2895

Probably hit a bit heavy for you?

Click 

sharpin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 32

I have a 2006 one ive done 65k and havent had a problem yet other than wearing out breakpads and tyres but thats down to my driving. The seatbelt failing has been the only fault which is great because i thought there would be alot of different problems by now but have been pleasently suprised. I do love driving it occasionally sideways i hit a large dear the other day although it hit it then drove over the top of it and its great if i meet anyone on country lanes as u just fly up the verge. I will definatly get another but im getting a new car soon so i dont wear the truck up 2 quick, also dont get a navara it will fall apart straight away i now to many who do.

welshnwilling
    welshnwilling
    Participant

the cornish ba#t*rd

Yeah, double cab is what I’m after

What are you planning on using it for ?

the cornish ba#t*rd
    the cornish ba#t*rd
    Participant

Agronomists’ run around. I do allot of miles but I need something that has a sensible tax code and is reletively cheap to run.

welshnwilling
    welshnwilling
    Participant

the cornish ba#t*rd

Agronomists’ run around

I just feel that all of these pick-ups have got to big for running around, but there doesn’t seem to be a sensible alternative out there.

Saw someone the other day collecting oil and parts in a brand new disco. Looked like a real one from the outside, but it was a van on the inside.

southernskye
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 60

I have no experience of anything other than my old P reg HiLux DC.

Been looking at newer (2-3 year old) truck and I keep coming back to the L200 DC simply because it is the “smallest” out there.

They all seem to be getting stupidly big. The new 2012 Ranger is bigger than previous, that VW thing is Huge….not sure what size the 2012 Rodeo is (just released in Thailand I hear)?

http://www.vansa2z.com/All-new-2012-Isuzu-Rodeo-breaks-cover

Hopefully no bigger than previous models.

It would be nice to be able to get a truck suited to European roads. I.E…not huge!

rgds

S.Skye.

the cornish ba#t*rd
    the cornish ba#t*rd
    Participant

Yeah, I know what you mean. The Rodeo is smaller than the Hi Lux and L200, better on fuel and significantly cheaper. I could go for a commercial Freelander but the boss insists on having back seats “just in case”. So I keep coming back to the Rodeo.

cymro
    cymro
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 294

go for it cornish,you wont reget it,had mine over a year now and love it

the cornish ba#t*rd
    the cornish ba#t*rd
    Participant

Right, just gotta persuade the boss now!

townie
    townie
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1059

We’ve been running a Ranger for about four years now.  Excellent vehicle on and off road, reliable and a fine tower.  Question is what exactly are you doing with the vehicle?  Do you need the pickups loading capacity and towing ability or is it mainly having four seats and some decent boot space with off-road capability?  All pickups are expensive to run compared to other vehicles.  Alongside the Ranger we run an Xtrail, which is good enought for muddy Welsh tracks and a bit of on-field work and can tow > 2 tonnes but returns over 40 mpg.  With the seats down you can get a lot in the back and it takes a lot of punishment.  As we’ve had that 9 years now I’ve been looking at a replacment: the new model looks as good and perhaps more reliable (our model required two replacement turbos, thankfully under warranty), but the other car we’ve looked at is the Forester, which is looking even better and gets around 50 mpg.

Just worth a few thoughts before you leap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Explore