Forums

scouring lambs

Started by sheeprace

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

sheeprace
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 5

3 month old bottle reared lambs – both were more bloated than should be & vet suggested heptavac – 1 lamb now scouring after dose- can this happen from heptavac? all other ewes plus lambs ok – thanks

Peter WellsPeter Wells
    Topics: 470
    Replies: 4981

It is July and so the grass is not the richest and assuming it is not overfeeding on creep and that you have wormed it, you might try 100 ml of live yogurt twice a day given by the drench gun. Continue for five days.

Before that however you might isolate the lambs on clean pasture and give a mixture of ivy leaves and willow leaves which seem to help dry it up. I might also give Spectam even though I usually give that at birth.

Clean and Fresh Water is really important to cleaning the digestive system out. I put out two gallon buckets and clean the bucket and refill twice per day in these cases. 

sheeprace
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 5

Many thanks

hugh jonesskoda
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 19

< ?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> @2 1 2″>@3 21600 pixelWidth”>@3 21600 pixelHeight”>< ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Vecoxan [:)]I am not saying it could be cocsi`, but it works for us in dry weather on lambs scouring between dosing periods

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Explore