Forums

Sellarc Pressure washer

Started by anonymous

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

anonymous
    Topics: 7342
    Replies: 44296

Was using our pressure washer today & it started behaving as if it was running out of water – a sort of vibration in the flow – and reduced pressure.

If you released the trigger it seemed to build back to normal pressure almost immediately, & would seem OK for maybe 30 seconds before gradually dying again.

Sometimes this can happen if you’re drawing out of a trough etc, and the filter on the pipe’s blocked – but all was clear.
    Any ideas? – is it terminal? It’s about 10 years old, but doesn’t do a huge amount of work, maybe an hour a week on average.

anonymous

Could be broken inlet/outlet valve spring in pump head, or
    foreign body in valve cage maybe.
    I have used Chamleys (Farmers Guardian ads) and found them helpful in the past, for spares for our ancient but trusty
    Warwick machine.
    Regards.

anonymous

Does it have a second straining filter on the inlet valve area? Some washers do and ocasionally they block up with dirt that the normal filter lets through.

anonymous

That does seem possible Pinball, I’ll have to look tomorrow.
    It has been 100% reliable and un-touched since new!

anonymous

http://www.bateman-sellarc.co.uk/
    Good solid machines Sellarc. I have one now, a 1500 for power washing the patio and driveway. When we were farming we used to have a Nixon and the frame on it dropped to pieces in no time!

anonymous

Looks like I could quiz them about it from that link – but I’ll check for extra filters first..thanx.

anonymous

It may well have a very small crack in the suction hose, but small filter under machine is favorite for the symptoms you discribe.
    Can recommend Batemans.
    Acorn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Explore