Forums

Tillage 2004

Started by anonymous

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

anonymous
    Topics: 7342
    Replies: 44296

As an exhibiting company at Tillage for the 1st time this year, we did not know quite what to expect.However, despite the weather and difficult soil conditions we had a very good day of demonstrating.The ‘Revolution’ one pass cultivator (which is a development of our original spading machine) performed extremely well and we were complimented by many farmers for the quality of our work.
    The Revolution has been designed to take advantage of the modern high powered tractor and is worlds away from the old models.With speeds of up to 6.5 km/h it can complete primary and secondary cultivation and leave a ready to plant seed-bed in one pass.Work rate is 1.7ha/h for our 50 series and with a seed drill mounted on the back it does everything in one go! When you consider the time saving in terms of reduced operations, it is not an expensive machine.Thanks to Jeff Cote for the positive remarks about the Revolution at Tillage, keep it up Jeff and you could be in for a good deal!!! I have to agree about the car park arrangements though, are the stewards chosen for their rudeness and aggression towards visitors? I could not believe the way I was treated on arrival at the entrance as an exhibitor who had paid a lot of money for a demo plot.

anonymous

we thought that the three sites in the past was very easy to get to so were disapointed to see that this years was so far north which explains why may of us down here gave it a miss-shame realy

ff

anonymous

John for those of us who hasn’t seen any info on your products can you steer us in the right direction.web site etc?
    thanks

anonymous

Its good to see it up here every few years because the scotish site is way to far away for any of us from majority of england. I am in Cheshire and seem to have to travel miles to normally get to it stcuk down south somewhere on soils that very often are like sand pits.

anonymous

John
    Your remarks regarding the organisation and manpower ingnorance at the tillage are interesting – we were thinking the same, attended the Normac demo and the saftey and organisation was much better and those guys discribe themselves as amatures compaired to the AEA. I have to say we get alot of our enquiries from Tillage and cereals but i think next year for the money that we invest we will give Tillage a miss and set up small indipendant demo sites that a few dealers from a local area can help with. This way we will have more control over organisation of plots and parking and food supply etc.
    Regards
    Richard.

anonymous

Credit where credit is due – The Tillage event in the Borders was exceptionally well organised and all staff concerned were very helpful and polite. The customers endured heavy rain in the afternoon but it wasnt unexpected so everyone was well prepared and there were no complaints.

I was quick to criticise previously so i will also be quick to commend – Well done Duncan Russell, Bill Bassford and their team for making it a smooth running event – everyone I spoke to (distributors and customers) commented on the effort and organisation that was evident to make the event a sucess.

Thanks
    Richard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Explore