Subscribe and save

Farmers Weekly from £127
Saving £36
In print AND tablet

The Farmers Weekly forums are now closed to new comments. You can share your views with us on Twitter, on Facebook or by emailing You can also see and share pictures on our galleries.

What do you collect?

Started by racheljones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Topics: 139
    Replies: 427

Do you collect anything?

I just got an email about a farmer in Northamptonshire who has built up a collection of almost 500 model tractors (his wife must be delighted). It’s taken him 40 years and he reckons one of them is worth about 200.

I haven’t collected anything since I was a kid, and even then it was only stickers, but are you mad on collecting anything – either farm-related or otherwise?

Topics: 143
    Replies: 5107

vintage farm machinery i collect.

then i put it to work

Peter WellsPeter Wells
    Topics: 470
    Replies: 4981

I collect bargains.

Later, I find out that they are not.

Mind you, to be fair to myself. On Saturday last, I bought a brand new, perfectly fitting Brook Tavener Sports Jacket from an antique shop in Malvern for 29. Yes. It was brand new. Pockets sewn up, spare buttons in a little plastic bag in the inner pocket. All labels still attached.

A few minutes later I saw exactly the same jacket in Brays Department Store opposite the antique shop for 218.

Now that’s a bargain!

Topics: 39
    Replies: 2286

I collect people. Family tree is my addiction. Got to get them all.

Topics: 143
    Replies: 5107

tesla, i am doing a farm tree, every one who has farmed this farm  in history.

i am back to around 1800

Topics: 19
    Replies: 855

My passion is Beswick cattle, I have a few now, the bull cow and calf of the following breeds – Hereford, Highland, Friesian, Ayrshire, Jersey and Guernsey. I would love the Dairy Shorthorns, but can’t afford them…yet!

Topics: 11
    Replies: 169

i collect among other things britians models, mainly 70s n 80s stuff. i recon i must have about ten mf 595s n about 5 mf combines, mostly come from ebay n range in cost from about a quid to about 35 quid for a realy mint massey combine, still in the box!

i also collect old massey impliments n litriture as well, basicly if its massey n over about 20 years old then im intrested

Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

You can’t beat a good collection of die-cast farm machinery ..

… Rita’s massey ferguson collection is particularly outstanding

Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

I collect mainly combines and limited edition tractors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)