With evenings drawing in, Mary-Ann Beaty has some filling recipes that won’t spoil if left until ready
Oven: 180C/Gas 5/Fan 160C
Makes 12 pieces
- 6oz butter/margarine
- 8oz sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 apples, chopped
- Combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla by hand, or using a whisk, until light and fluffy.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and add 1/3rd of the dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternatively with an egg.
- Fold in the chopped apples
- Spread in to a greased and lined tin, approximately 23cm by 30cm.
- Cook for about 35mins or until a cocktail stick in the centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm as a pudding – delicious with a blackberry coulis and cream.
- Or, allow to cool, cut up and keep in an airtight tin.
See more recipes from our Farm Chef