This is a great way to serve beef in warmer weather. Serve with some crusty French bread to soak up all the lovely juices.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 x 225g (8oz) ribeye steak
- 100g (3½oz) of fresh watercress or babyleaf salad
- 6 radishes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 8 stems of asparagus (hard root removed)
For the honey dressing
- 1/2 a cup of extra virgin olive oil or pomace oil
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, then add a little oil and the trimmed asparagus and cook until just tender. Set aside until later.
- Season the ribeye steak with sea salt, place in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes then turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side (medium rare). Cook for longer if you want it more well done. Remove from the pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes before serving.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients together and whisking, then season to taste.
- Cut the radishes into very thin slices then put in a bowl with the watercress or salad leaves.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, add to the bowl then drizzle over the dressing and toss to mix.
- To serve, place half of the dressed salad on each plate then slice the ribeye into strips and share between the two plates and serve.
Thanks to British Asparagus for the recipe.
See more Farm Chef recipes