There’s nothing better on a cold winter’s night than a bright zingy soup to brighten things up, serve it with a warm roll.
The butternut squash provides a splash of colour and the coriander a hint of spice.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 25g of butter
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 5g fresh coriander
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 900ml (2 pints) of chicken stock
- 1 tin of butter beans (400g)
- Put the butter, rapeseed oil, diced onions, crushed garlic and chopped coriander stalks (save the coriander leaves to add at the end) into a pan on a medium high heat on the hob with the peeled and diced butternut squash.
- Add the butter beans to the dish and sauté off, keep stirring until starting to colour lightly brown.
- Pour in the stock, make sure everything is covered and leave to simmer on a medium low heat until the ingredients start to go soft and ‘break up’.
- Blend the contents of the pan to produce a thick hearty soup, stir in the fresh coriander leaves and serve with a crusty warm roll.
For more recipes
See our farm chef recipe page