Chicken liver pâté is a great starter or light lunch.
- 230g (8½oz) of chicken livers
- Two shallots, finely chopped
- Two cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 220g (8oz) of butter
- 1 wine glass of good-quality brandy
- Melt 120g of the butter in a pan over a moderate heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots and black pepper. Stir regularly until the shallots are soft.
- Add the chicken livers. Stir constantly until the livers turn pale pink.
- Add the remainder of the butter, stir and ensure it is melted.
- Add the brandy and stir in thoroughly.
- Take the pan off the heat and put the mixture through a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a ramekin. Put into the fridge and allow to set. This should take 2-3 hours.
- Serve with hot toast and butter, and a side garnish of tomatoes.
See more recipes from our Farm Chef