The salsa verde courgettes is a flexible dish. If a cold salad isn’t what you fancy, slice the courgettes into rounds or batons and fry in a small amount of oil until they are going golden at edges, then take them off the heat and toss in the salsa just before serving. The dressing can be used as easily on new potatoes, pasta, or tomatoes.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 0 minues
- 3 or 4 courgettes cut into ribbons using a peeler
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp finely chopped capers
- 1/2tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients except the courgettes in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning and acidity balance.
- Check consistency is runny enough to coat courgettes easily, otherwise add some more oil. Gently toss the courgettes in the mixture and serve.
See more recipes from our Farm Chef