It’s barbecue season, so get stuck into these sticky belly ribs with a tasty sauce that will have you licking those fingers clean.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time:40 minutes
- 4 pork belly strips
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 5 tbsp dry cider
- 5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Season both sides of the pork belly strips and cook on a lightly oiled baking tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and set to one side.
- Remove the pork from the oven after 30 minutes and cover both sides with the sauce.
- If you are going to finish the strips on the barbecue put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes, then transfer to the barbecue and cook until golden. Otherwise return to the oven and cook until golden, turning regularly for an even coating of sauce.
Thanks to John Penny & Sons for the recipe.
See more Farm Chef recipes