Transform humble pork chops into delicious midweek treat with a creamy peppercorn sauce.
- 2 large pork chops
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves picked
- 50ml/2floz brandy
- 200ml/7floz beef stock
- 250ml/9floz double cream
- Preheat grill for 10 minutes on full heat. Then grill chops for 10 minutes on each side until cooked and juices run clear (no blood).
- Heat butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once butter is foaming, add the chopped shallots and fry for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, peppercorns and thyme and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the brandy and light with a match. Allow flames to flare up and then cool down.
- Add the stock and cook for another few minutes until reduced by half, then add the cream and return to a simmer.
- Cook for another minute then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve when required.
See more recipes from our Farm Chef