This month Mary-Ann Beaty has chosen potato bake as she always struggles to find something quick and easy to do with the humble spud. This is really tasty and with the addition of a handful of chopped ham or chicken and a sprinkling of herbs, makes a meal on its own.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Oven: 190C/Gas 5/Fan 170C
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3oz mature cheddar (optional)
- 4fl oz milk
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper
1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and “blitz” until the potatoes and onion are grated size and everything else is well blended.
2. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Pour into a greased dish.
4. Bake, uncovered for 50min.
See more recipes from our Farm Chef