It may take three hours in the oven, but you’ll find this dish is certainly worth the wait
- 2 whole lamb necks (or 1kg lamb) diced into 2cm cubes
- 6 plum tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 small chilli chopped
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 finely chopped large onion
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place all ingredients in a large casserole dish and mix thoroughly.
- Add water to halfway in the dish (do not worry if it doesn’t cover all the ingredients).
- Place a lid on the pot and put into the oven for 3 hours.
- Stir at regular intervals and make sure the dish retains liquid. If required you can add more water to return to the previous level and turn the oven down slightly at the same time. Make sure to keep checking throughout the remainder of the 3 hours.
- Serve with rice or new potatoes.You can also use a slowcooker overnight. Why not also try making this dish with goat meat?
See more recipes from our Farm Chef