- Serves 6
- Line the base and sides of an 8in (20cm) deep flan ring with shortcrust pastry
- 350g (12oz) washed spinach
- 110g (4oz) onion
- 110g (4oz) grated cheddar cheese
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 110g (4oz) sultanas
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 110g (4oz) breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Finely chop the onion.
Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onions and sweat gently for about 10 minutes or so.
In a separate pan and on a high heat stir-fry the spinach until it collapses then add this to the cooked onions, adding the sultanas, mixed spice, cinnamon and ginger and half of the breadcrumbs and half of the cheese.
Give it a good stir and spoon the mixture into the prepared pastry case.
Preheat the oven to 180C (350F, Gas mark 4). Mix together the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs and cover the tart.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.