Agriculture – a brilliant career
Farmers Weekly is a strong believer that agriculture is a fantastic career choice.
It offers a broad range of job opportunities, across an increasingly diverse range of business, so it should be an attractive prospect to all young people.
Our careers information can help guide you through some of the exciting roles you will find in the modern farming industry, along with advice about how to give yourself the best possible chance of career success.
If you are at the start of your journey, and not from a farming background, then we can guide you through the basics with our Beginner’s guide to a career in agriculture, which includes links to a series of inspiring case studies.
Find more information about opportunities in farming from these organisations and websites.
- Find further inspiration about the wide range of farming careers on offer on the Bright Crop website.
- Lantra offers training for the agricultural sector and advice on farm-based careers
- Learn more about the technical aspects of farming on Farmers Weekly’s e-learning platform Farmers Academy
- View the latest jobs opportunities in the food and farming sector on Farmers Weekly’s job site
- Read a digital version of Grow, Farmers Weekly’s guide to careers in the agriculture industry
Let mother nature be your boss
Watch the video to see why farming needs bright young talent like you and what makes agriculture a brilliant career choice.